The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Queens elegance or undaunted infiltrator for mellee magblade

Drakavyn_morelock
Drakavyn_morelock
✭✭✭
So I'm thinking of a melee magblade build using scathing mage and undaunted infiltrator or Queens elegance, does anyone have an idea on which would preform better? Not decided on a monster helm yet
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use mother's sorrow. You need high crit chance to have scathing mage be worth it. What do those 2 sets you are thinking about provide that you want to use? They both buff up your light and/or heavys.

And to be frank, you need to use force pulse too. No other ablity will give you enough up time on scathing mage to make it better then say julianos.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 12, 2019 11:08AM
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was thinking them two maybe good choices to buff up my light and or heavy attacks. How would you recommend buffing the heavy and lights, with a set like slime craw?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I was thinking them two maybe good choices to buff up my light and or heavy attacks. How would you recommend buffing the heavy and lights, with a set like slime craw?

What would make you feel you would need to worry about doing that? Are you using dual wield or a staff?
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 12, 2019 12:22PM
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭

What would make you feel you would need to worry about doing that? Are you using dual wield or a staff?

Dual wield on front bar with a destro staff on back bar
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean, I really don't recommend that, you really don't gain much from front bar dual swords. But if you are dead set on it, nirn main hand, precise off hand would be best, with the undaunted infiltrater set, as light and heavys will need that weapon crit. Slimecraw is useless on a nb, you have minor berzerk from a skill.
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭

I mean, I really don't recommend that, you really don't gain much from front bar dual swords. But if you are dead set on it, nirn main hand, precise off hand would be best, with the undaunted infiltrater set, as light and heavys will need that weapon crit. Slimecraw is useless on a nb, you have minor berzerk from a skill.

Yeah I know what your saying but I could drop that skill for mages light. Just theory crafting now, what if I ran 2 slime craw, 5 scathing mage, 5 assains gulie with a ravage magikcka poison, and then an asylum staff on back bar.

I just really like the play style lol
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I know what your saying but I could drop that skill for mages light. Just theory crafting now, what if I ran 2 slime craw, 5 scathing mage, 5 assains gulie with a ravage magikcka poison, and then an asylum staff on back bar.

merciless resolve is the hardest hitting single target ability the game, outside ultis. it would be crazy not to use it. i am interested in what your bars look like?

also remember that you dont need to have a destro ability slotted to get the passive 8% damage boost now.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 12, 2019 1:00PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found the hardest hitting sets for melee magblade are War Maiden paired with Innate Axiom. And with the Destro staff changes in wrathstone, you can run fire staff front bar and no longer have to worry about slotting a destro skill. And then a restro back bar for healing ward.

Maiden and Axiom buff every damage skill you are going to use. And Axiom provides a bit of stam. You can get away with running full recovery glyphs and mundus with this setup. Providing solid damage and recovery.

You also don't want to drop Merciless. You get far too much power from having it just slotted on your front bar to lose it. Not only to you get Berserk for activating it. The bow proc is the strongest nightblade skill. And then from slotting it you get 438 crit chance and 10% crit damage.

That is all paired with a powerful damage proc. It far outweighs the extra mag you get from running mages light.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Elegant set does perform nice when you use a HA heavy build and pets. However compared to Sorrow you will have way less crit chance and in most of my tests on petsorc was Sorrow almost always slightly better. So the best idea would be, go to PTS and test your build with different sets. If you create a new character using a template you will be top level with max CP and SP and inventory full of endgame stuff.
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭

merciless resolve is the hardest hitting single target ability the game, outside ultis. it would be crazy not to use it. i am interested in what your bars look like?

also remember that you dont need to have a destro ability slotted to get the passive 8% damage boost now.

On my front bar I have merciless resolve, sap essence, concealed weapon, killers blade, the siphoning ability where you get a speed boost (can't rember name) and soul harvest

Back bar I'm constantly changing but siphoning strikes and devouring swarm are constant
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I've found the hardest hitting sets for melee magblade are War Maiden paired with Innate Axiom. And with the Destro staff changes in wrathstone, you can run fire staff front bar and no longer have to worry about slotting a destro skill. And then a restro back bar for healing ward.

Maiden and Axiom buff every damage skill you are going to use. And Axiom provides a bit of stam. You can get away with running full recovery glyphs and mundus with this setup. Providing solid damage and recovery.

You also don't want to drop Merciless. You get far too much power from having it just slotted on your front bar to lose it. Not only to you get Berserk for activating it. The bow proc is the strongest nightblade skill. And then from slotting it you get 438 crit chance and 10% crit damage.

That is all paired with a powerful damage proc. It far outweighs the extra mag you get from running mages light.

I was looking at crafting innate axiom last night, iv already got a set of warmaiden to pair with it. I would like to try keep dual wield on my front bar tho.
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    Elegant set does perform nice when you use a HA heavy build and pets. However compared to Sorrow you will have way less crit chance and in most of my tests on petsorc was Sorrow almost always slightly better. So the best idea would be, go to PTS and test your build with different sets. If you create a new character using a template you will be top level with max CP and SP and inventory full of endgame stuff.

I'm on xbox, don't think it has a test server