The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Moar housing storage crates!

laissezfaire
laissezfaire
✭✭✭
It is about time for additional storage. Hopefully, larger than the 30/60 options.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's about time ESO+ get a Furniture Bag similar to the Craft Bag.

You want people to buy your furniture but don't provide them with the means to store it.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree a furniture bag would be lovely.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

You want people to buy your furniture but don't provide them with the means to store it.

And an Armory for our bound armor should be added to ESO+.

The furniture bag is something Zos should offer all as those who buy furniture sets from the CS still stop when they have limited space to store it. I am surprised the $$$ people have overlooked this obvious benefit.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I don't have the eso +....

More housing storage please.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really need to have different styles of housing crates — or ideally, we could change the style of any of them to match trunks/chests/barrels etc. that we already have. The available chests work fine with some decorating schemes but others not — for instance I don’t think any of them would be approved by Greenpact!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would you store furniture in the storage chests, instead of the house itself? You can just dump them in the corner somewhere, as most will clip into each other. You just have to finish Elsweyr main quest to get a big house you can dump your furniture into then pick it up as you need. If you participated in the Summerset event last year you may have Psijic Villa as well. Both have 350 storage (700 with ESO+). The storage chests are 4 x 30 + 4 x 60 = 360, pretty much equal to any of those houses. And you can store anything in them.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Grand_Psijic_Villa
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hall_of_the_Lunar_Champion

Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Why would you store furniture in the storage chests, instead of the house itself? You can just dump them in the corner somewhere, as most will clip into each other. You just have to finish Elsweyr main quest to get a big house you can dump your furniture into then pick it up as you need. If you participated in the Summerset event last year you may have Psijic Villa as well. Both have 350 storage (700 with ESO+). The storage chests are 4 x 30 + 4 x 60 = 360, pretty much equal to any of those houses. And you can store anything in them.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Grand_Psijic_Villa
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hall_of_the_Lunar_Champion

I use housing for decorating, not as storerooms, and I wouldn’t want to waste the furnishing slots anyway. I do have some items temporarily in HotLC, but that is temporary as I have grand plans for the place — especially the first wing! :blush:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 4, 2019 2:12PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have all the storage chests and they are full of gear that I don’t want to farm ever again. Need more.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea though it's a burst of work for ZOS to implement initially. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/441185/deconstructing-furniture
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭

@Galarthor Crafting mats are not sold in crown store. So, crafting bag exist.

Since furnishings are sold in crown store, destroying and buying them again is better than providing unlimited furnishing storage.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It occurs to me that ZOS could probably make MORE Crowns and remove more gold from the system with unlimited storage.
    SWTOR has basically unlimited furnishing storage (well, some items you can get 999) so there's a precedent for it and it looks pretty harmless to allow.

I think what would happen if people had unlimited storage is they'd buy more, "just in case" they need it later.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was the same thread form a couple months back.

Unfortunately, since there was no official response on this then, there will doubtfully be a response now.

Wish there was. :'(
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dusk_Coven , I'd think so too. Unfortunately, ZOS seems to lean toward what @Deep_01 said :disappointed:

I honestly on multiple occasions did NOT buy a furtniture package from the Crown Store b/c I did not know where to put all the excess furniture.

In some cases I literally only wanted a few of the roughly 30 items in the pack and did not need the remaining 28 items. However, paying 5k crowns to throw 93% away right afterwards is not something I'd do.

In other cases I found the package interesting as a whole, but did not have a use for it at that moment. However, given how those packs are only sold like once or twice a year, I really considered buying them to have them when I need them later on. But again, with no idea where to put these roughly 30 items I refrained from purchasing the pack.

Well ZOS' loss ...
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭

I really considered buying them to have them when I need them later on. But again, with no idea where to put these roughly 30 items I refrained from purchasing the pack.

Well ZOS' loss ...

@Galarthor I think they want you to buy few more houses to dump the 93% of the furnishing pack. They want you to have 10 furnished houses and 30+ warehouse or something xD
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep_01 wrote: »

I really considered buying them to have them when I need them later on. But again, with no idea where to put these roughly 30 items I refrained from purchasing the pack.

Well ZOS' loss ...

@Galarthor I think they want you to buy few more houses to dump the 93% of the furnishing pack. They want you to have 10 furnished houses and 30+ warehouse or something xD

Most likely :tongue:
    But this ain't going to happen. I am not dumping my money onto you just b/c you decided to be a jerk.