Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Community Recommendations for Added Functionality

chaosngn_ESO
chaosngn_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi all,

This is a list that I have compiled of items that I would like to see in game that would either make life easier (guild management) or should be a fundamental part of the game.

This is not a list of things that we would like to see in game (e.g. more caterpillars in dungeons!), but basic functionality. If enough people post about a particular subject (repair costs) then I will add it.

Guild Management/Interface
  • Guild Bank Limitations - Guild leaders need to be able to limit the amount of withdrawals from a guild bank. At current, you are only able to allow or deny access. We have already had our entire guild bank raided from someone who even went as far as to brag about it in guild chat. With guilds approaching 500 members, this is an absolute must. At the very least if we are able to set how many items per day a rank can withdraw, this would be nice.
  • Ranks - Again, with guilds of this size, it would be nice for guild leaders to be able to add more ranks to the guild.
  • Tab for Current Character - While you can hover the @name to see what character a person is on, it would be nice to have this in a separate tab and listed on the main screen. It is confusing enough to have to work with the @name system and character names at the same time, but alas this is guild management. We should be able to manage the guild, and this is crucial. A good example would be a character causing trouble in /zone. I have 500 members. It is a pain for me to have to hover over every single player online to see if that person is in my guild every time someone is causing trouble in /zone (which is quite often), however, with a list, I can do a quick check. EDIT: I have found an addon for this in the interim: Thurisaz Guild Tools

Guild Store
  • Text Search - This is a must. In my honest opinion, I would think that this would be one of the first core functions added to the design of any auction house or store, yet we have no way to search for the name of an item. This would make life easier for selling and buying alike. At current, there is no way for a buyer to search for a particular item, and there is no way for a seller to check what price others are selling for to make the market stable and competitive.
  • Sale Notifications in Mail - While this is not game breaking, it would be nice to know what exactly it was that you sold when you receive your mail notification. I know some people would also like to know who bought it, but quite frankly, just knowing what you sold would be nice.
  • Weapons are Listed as Materials - Surely an oversight or just a flag that needs to be adjusted, but this just makes things more confusing and congested.
  • Materials Filtered by Profession - It would be nice to be able to filter materials by Woodworking, Blacksmith, etc.

Guild Bank
  • Bank for Materials - While this is not necessarily basic functionality and is more of a convenience feature, a popular request on reddit has been for a bank for guild materials.

m4eLYel.png
Edited by chaosngn_ESO on April 9, 2014 4:37PM
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    [Reserved]
    Edited by chaosngn_ESO on April 7, 2014 6:25PM
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    [Reserved]
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you are unable to log in at the moment due to the servers being lambasted, you can post your suggestions at http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/22g1xx/while_the_servers_are_down_ive_started_to_compile/
  • Jujujitsu
    Jujujitsu
    ✭✭
    Coming from a 450+ member guild I agree with everything that you have said here. Being in a guild is supposed to increase enjoyment of an mmo, not cause headaches because you weren't given the tools to properly manage it. I am constantly getting whispers about the bank and guild store. I see it in our guild chat and it is complained about in the zone chat.

Obviously these issues are affecting many ESO members.

We do have a great group of members and it's easy enough to explain that we are posting and asking for help in these matters. What is annoying is that I can not give them any timeline for a fix. I can not seem to find feedback from the devs on these topics.

Until we do hear from them, I guess we just keep posting!

• chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I will continue to keep the list updated as I get suggestions.
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have found an addon that helps with part of the guild management and lists character's names on the UI

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info137-ThurisazGuildInfo.html