The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MAC CLIENT LAUNCHER CRASHES FREQUENTLY - NEED HELP!

Augusta
Augusta
I'm using the latest 15" retina MacBook Pro and running OSX 10.9.2 to play and ever since I installed the ESO mac client, I've only successfully launched the game twice in 3 days. It worked for me on the first day, but problem launching the game occurred on the second day, after countless of tries, it suddenly worked for no reason, was able to play again, but today the third day the problem came back again.

After I click play on the launcher, screen goes black for a couple of seconds and then the crash reporter pops up with the following details:

[reporter]
version = 0.01

[extra]
ProductName = eso
Version = eso.live.1.0.0.964485
client.executablebits = 32
client.mode = startup
client.renderertype = OPENGL
client.session_start_timestamp = 2014-04-09T00:14:34.482Z
client.time_since_load = 0
client.uptime = 2.3
computer.name = ZHAOQIs-MacBook-Pro.local
computer.user = Zhao
cpu.count = 4
data.depotid = 4000
data.dir = /Applications/Zenimax Online/Launcher.app/game_mac/pubplayercli
data.syncm = databuild
data.version = 0.win.0.live.961669
exe.buildnum = 964485
exe.opt = release
exe.reltype = public
exe.type = client
gfx.description = NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M OpenGL Engine
gfx.deviceid = 0.0.0
gfx.driver = 2.1 NVIDIA-8.24.9 310.40.25f01
gfx.vendorid = 0
mem.current = 172
mem.peak = 173
mem.physical = 16384
os.platform = mac
os.version = 13C64
reportfield.ver = 3

Anybody out there having the same trouble with the Mac client? If so, were you able to solved it?

Thanks in advance!
  • Augusta
    Augusta
    I've read that others had similar problem with the PC client and those solutions given to solve the problem with PC doesn't really apply here with the Mac.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Augusta wrote: »
    I'm using the latest 15" retina MacBook Pro and running OSX 10.9.2 to play and ever since I installed the ESO mac client, I've only successfully launched the game twice in 3 days. It worked for me on the first day, but problem launching the game occurred on the second day, after countless of tries, it suddenly worked for no reason, was able to play again, but today the third day the problem came back again.

After I click play on the launcher, screen goes black for a couple of seconds and then the crash reporter pops up with the following details:
    ---snip---
    Anybody out there having the same trouble with the Mac client? If so, were you able to solved it?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi, what language keyboard do you use? If you have Japanese or other symbolic language that you use sometimes then try it with English.

Not easy when it is an intermittent problem like this. Check out this thread on a similar issue. Also there are other Launcher problems and some other suggestions in other threads.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 9, 2014 12:36AM
  • Augusta
    Augusta
    Thanks! It is the problem with the keyboard. Never thought about that...The keyboard has to be switched to english before launching it.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Augusta wrote: »
    Thanks! It is the problem with the keyboard. Never thought about that...The keyboard has to be switched to english before launching it.
    Glad it helped. It's not an obvious thing and should get fixed soon.
  • sairex
    sairex
    I tried everything you've all suggested in this forum, but nothing worked. Finally, I got rid of all of the addons I was using (minimap, experience bar, auto loot, gold spam block, and multi quest tracker), and so far, I've not crashed once. I could have just gotten lucky, of course.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    sairex wrote: »
    I tried everything you've all suggested in this forum, but nothing worked. Finally, I got rid of all of the addons I was using (minimap, experience bar, auto loot, gold spam block, and multi quest tracker), and so far, I've not crashed once. I could have just gotten lucky, of course.
    Thanks for confirming that disabling/ removing add-ons resolved this issue.

It's why I recommended not using any add-ons during initial play period because they have been known to cause various issues like this. It's a new game and even the add-ons are new too.

I like to use a few add-ons but always use none when testing because of this. I also only ever enable one add-on at a time rather than chuck a load in because I learnt from WoW that it's a good way to end up with issues if you do. And one by one allows you to see which one might give a problem.

It's certainly the first thing I do when I encounter an issue is to disable any.

Luckily I prefer the minimalist approach of ESO and only use the Lootdrop one by Pawkette to see things I auto loot and Esohead to update data to the database.

I'm sure over time they will mature and issues get identified and fixed. But after any update I would always disable then enable one at a time.