Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Movement speed cap

Matt.vanelsenb16_ESO
I've been wondering for a while (a few hours) if there is actually a movement speed cap in this game. I've seen a couple of actives and passives that, when combined, could result in an insane increase in movement speed, especially coupled with a speed potion. So, simple question, is there a cap on movement speed. And if so, what's it capped at? Any help's appreciated.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to know this. Haven't found anything on it.
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talking about this reminds me of the potion of blinding speed in Morrowind.
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the limit must be more than the fastest horse being fed apples until it is at max level. So that would be pretty fast. The fast horse starts at 25% faster than run speed. Apples increase it by 1% per apple. Not sure how many apples you can feed it but I think the horses max level is 50 so I would assume you could feed it 50 apples if you want. That would be 75% faster than run speed. Do speed buffs effect your horse when you are mounted?
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't say for sure. But there's a cap on everything else. I suspect movement speed is on the list also.
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • Vivec
    Vivec
    ✭✭✭
    lordspyder wrote: »
    Talking about this reminds me of the potion of blinding speed in Morrowind.

Boots of blinding speed. Vivec is disappointed in you.

Back on topic, I haven't encountered a cap either. There is this AD starter area quest that once you finish it gives you a huge speed boost, I think 100%, for about 60 seconds. I was also able to mount up on my 25% speed horse and both speed boosts applied to me, so I was zooming around comically fast.
  • Matt.vanelsenb16_ESO
    What makes you think that the limit must be more than the fastest horse speed achievable? Personally I'm hoping that there's no cap, with the combination of a few actives and the athletics passive for medium armor + a speed potion I would easily outrun the fastest horse in the game :)
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes you think that the limit must be more than the fastest horse speed achievable? Personally I'm hoping that there's no cap, with the combination of a few actives and the athletics passive for medium armor + a speed potion I would easily outrun the fastest horse in the game :)

I smell the potential for awesome machinima.
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What makes you think that the limit must be more than the fastest horse speed achievable?

How could it not be at least faster than the that? What you said makes no sense.
    It couldn't be slower than the fastest horse could it?
    Edited by mcatchlovb16_ESO on April 9, 2014 3:30PM
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    Fastest horse can also sprint. So it would have to be faster than the fastest horse's base speed is what they're saying.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How could it not be at least faster than the that? What you said makes no sense.
    It couldn't be slower than the fastest horse could it?

People have had movement bonuses affect their horse speed. I think this is where your confusion is.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long does a speed potion last? I don't think it's a big deal if consuming one with all the other movement perks lets you outrun a horse - if it's brief.