Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Does war maiden buff absorb magika

Drakavyn_morelock
Drakavyn_morelock
✭✭✭
Hey everyone, as stated above does anyone know if war maiden set buffs absorb magika and health glyps
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It adds crit and weapon damage. Are you asking if the set also makes your enchantments stronger, i.e. an absorb magika glyph that would normally be 200 would be 300 with War Maiden? I don't think it does that. I could be wrong, but unless it says so in the description, I've never heard of that.

Now I'm really interested to see if this is the case
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭
    The 5 piece bonus adds 400 spell damage to your magic damage abilities. So I wondered if that applied to the magic damage part of the glyp, but now you've mentioned it I'd like to know if the return is increased too
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka enchants are a set amount aren't they? They scale on the quality of glyph and gear, not the damage modifiers. In that case, War Maiden buff wouldn't affect it.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchants are not affected by Spell Damage.
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭
    Oh okay then, is that the same for element enchants and any sets that buff specific forms of element damage
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    War Maiden does not buff enchants, only way you can buff enchant damage is with Torugs Pact set, Infused weapon trait, and percent damage done sources like berserk, advanced species, amplitude, piercing cold, etc
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh okay then, is that the same for element enchants and any sets that buff specific forms of element damage

Any set that says it gives Spell or Weapon damage will not affect enchants, but things that give a % increase to a damage type will increase enchant damage. So for example the Morag Tong set increases Poison enchants by 10%. (for anyone attacking the affected target, not just the set-wearer). Similarly a dragon knight with Engulfing flames can increase everyone’s fire damage enchants by 10%.

This extends to CP’s as well, and Master at Arms directly boosts your damaging enchants, as well as Elemental Expert or Mighty.

You can also increase enchant damage indirectlythrough various sets by increasing your Physical or Spell Penetration and your Weapon or Spell Critical Chance or Critical Damage.

Edit: I believe minor Berserk (Slimecraw set) and Major/minor Slayer (trials sets) also increase enchant damage.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 8, 2019 11:20PM
  • Drakavyn_morelock
    Drakavyn_morelock
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a tone, that helped a lot