The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

3v3v3 and RNG/MMR

NordSwordnBoard
NordSwordnBoard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I almost resurrected this thread, but didn't want it closed on Necrotechnicality: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5586834#Comment_5586834

On PS4, in off prime hours I keep getting 3v3v3 matches. Almost all of my matches in the past few days have started this way, with people loading into the empty spots at intervals. Sometimes I'm loading into a match in progress. It happens during prime time as well, but less often. I don't understand why the game is starting the instance before its full, and then filling in players in progress. I have difficulty believing the 4th player on all three teams is dropping consistently after the finder says the group is ready. Does the finder now only require 9 to start a match?

The morale side of things is heavily effected sometimes. I don't care about being outmatched, and I can deal with a -1 team mate who hides/lone wolf etc. When short a player though, that selfish player is now 1/3 instead of 1/4 and you can feel it with only 9 players out there. Joining a match that is already lost is demotivating. At least in a hopeless dungeon group you give it a go to eat up your 15 minutes and maybe make a breakthrough. People que for random dungeons, see the blue portal, check out the group and immediately leave based on prejudgements - and the same effect happens with BG score. Instead of leaving, I've seen people just sit in the base to waste the remainder of the match instead of the 15 min penalty.

TLDR; Replacement players should only be sent to a match if players leave. Stop starting matches with less than full teams, the arrival of replacement players is not consistent.

Anybody else on PS4 getting a 3v3v3 start consistently?
Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Getting it in pc, worst part is sometimes it’ll be 3 vs 4 vs 4 for a while.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m on PS4 NA, and yes, the 3v3v3 matches are very common.