Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

My TESO Installation is taking forever...

annarr1117nub18_ESO
My TESO digital standard edition installation is taking forever to complete and Mediacom High Speed Broadband Prime Plus internet service is the internet service that I have at thirty mbps, how do I speed up my TESO installation process???, I'm VERY ready to start playing the game "TODAY" folks!
  • rattbagrwb17_ESO
    rattbagrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Try disabling your Windows Firewall temporarily to see if that makes a difference.
    If that's the problem, you can manually add the ESO launcher / Game client to the firewall exception list. I found that the installer did not add a firewall exception by default and I was stuck downloading at similar speeds until I unblocked it.
  • undeadnotseeb14_ESO
    Keep in mind that it is a rather large download as well. There could be a few issues here.

1:Firewall, as @rattbagrwb17_ESO stated. On that note, I had excellent speeds with downloading, using McAfee as my firewall.

2: After each segment is downloaded, it verifies the segment, this part is heavily reliant on your PC/Mac. If you have an older computer, the verifying can take just as long as the downloading part, which can be super frustrating!

3: Perhaps you were downloading at a bad time. As silly as that seems, the servers used for this game, and it's website have been under a ton of stress, several patches, and even the website having loading issues for awhile. Could be that there was server work. (Super unlikely that it would effect your download speeds, but possible!)

In either case, I hope the game is downloaded and working now, and hope to see you in game soon!
  • annarr1117nub18_ESO
    I've already created my character and entered in game finally!