The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Add No-cp option to duel requests?

Fr4ctalz
Fr4ctalz
✭✭✭
For as long as we have had overland dueling many shy away from dueling due to a fear of disadvantage. I feel if ZOS added a request no-cp duel option to request duel, this would one allow others to feel more comfortable taking part in the sport and encourage fights by leveling the playing field a bit for low cp players and secondly allow commited no-cp pvp players to prepare themselves for their campaign outside of cyrodiil without compromising their toons pve cp, costing them an arm and a leg in gold. This poll is here to express how we feel dueling should move forward.

Add No-cp option to duel requests? 48 votes

Keep duels cp only
10%
Ap3xJohn15Hal_Moorell_RevEliteWarriorTelannocturne 5 votes
Make all duels no-cp
10%
Rizz_the_Filthy_DinoNoctusDBZVelenaTrinity_Is_My_Nameseventyfive 5 votes
Add no-cp duel invite to request duel
79%
StxRikumaruYakidafiHidesFromSunmmtaniacToRelaxKartalinkollege14a5VostornInvictusApolloWeesacsBone_DemonkooksterReactAki-RalGrimlok_SExodiumAbstraqtDivineFirstYOLOATomiX96 38 votes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I think this would be too complex to do, as I believe CP is handled on the map/zone level right now.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Fr4ctalz
    Fr4ctalz
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Sadly I think this would be too complex to do, as I believe CP is handled on the map/zone level right now.

I think this could be done simply by deactivating both participants cp once the duel begins. As simple as taking all your committed points out without the cost of gold and insuring both parties honesty.
  • cuddles_with_wroble
    Fr4ctalz I believe we have dueled a couple of times and having a no cp option would be amazing because o do love dueling and as I am a console transfer and therefore low cp there are a lot of people that id love to fight but just 2 shot be because their damage is so much higher than I can handle
  • Ap3xJohn15
    Keep duels cp only
    Just grind more cp
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Ap3xJohn15 wrote: »
    Just grind more cp

But if i don't play cp campaigns and don't build for them than it wont help me much. It wont give me the experience i need for the situation i am practicing for.
    And grinding takes a very long time from my experience. Maybe you play differently but that doesn't really help.
    Edited by Demra on March 7, 2019 6:18PM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ap3xJohn15 wrote: »
    Just grind more cp

I'm at CP cap and I would love the option to do no CP duels. There simply isn't enough time to change CP between pvp and pve even with an addon. Beside I don't want to waste gold just to change CP.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as i said before to a similar thread. options never hurt lol
    at a place nobody knows
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to have a no-CP option since my PvP characters are tanks and healers in PvE.
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fr4ctalz wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

I think this could be done simply by deactivating both participants cp once the duel begins. As simple as taking all your committed points out without the cost of gold and insuring both parties honesty.

To put the issue simply, it is easy to make these comments but you have not presented anything that suggests you understand how the game is coded and organized whereas the person you quoted did.

We see it far to often that someone makes a suggestion and says it will be easy to implement yet they have no basis for the comment. It seems as though they are really saying is they hope it would be easy but they do not really know.
  • Bone_Demon
    Bone_Demon
    ✭✭✭
    That would be awesome.