Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nord DK PVE Tank

olivaresdonjuan
I haven’t tanked in pve since 2016 lol. Is footmans and hist bark still good? I was thinking of switching out hist for fortified brass but first I want to hear what the pve community has to say. Please share your pve tank builds, thank you!
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those sets are extremly outdated. Before giving you any advice let's establish something first. Are you one of the "I'm here to be a big meatshield with nothing but survivability so I can survive a nuke going off nearby" people or are you more of "I'm ready to support my group in all possible ways even if it means I might not survive that nuke (that's not going to happen anyway)" kind of guy?
  • olivaresdonjuan
    Ebon and akitosh are sets that people keep mentioning but I like the meatsheild better. I draw the boss’ attention while the team does their thing. Of course a good healer is always the variable.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I haven’t tanked in pve since 2016 lol. Is footmans and hist bark still good? I was thinking of switching out hist for fortified brass but first I want to hear what the pve community has to say. Please share your pve tank builds, thank you!

I am useing doctor and warrior poet, I do not do trials tho. also fortfied brass is a unless on Norn because nords get almost 4k resist. And with DKs spiked armor and morphs with. Heavy armor set you hit armor cap. Which is 32
    Edited by alexj4596b14_ESO on March 5, 2019 2:16AM
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cap is 33,100. Technically it’s 33,000. But creatures have 100 piercing.

And you can be incredibly tanky in ebon Alkosh if you build right.
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cap is 33,100. Technically it’s 33,000. But creatures have 100 piercing.

And you can be incredibly tanky in ebon Alkosh if you build right.

Swore is was 32 but either way you can hit this cap very easily.
  • olivaresdonjuan
    Nord was my main tank but I have an argonian on standby, figure the extra healing would be useful. Any suggestions on race? Also thanks for those contributing, it’s good to see the community alive.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord was my main tank but I have an argonian on standby, figure the extra healing would be useful. Any suggestions on race? Also thanks for those contributing, it’s good to see the community alive.

People will tell you nord because resists and ult, but it’s a lot more flexible than people make it sound. Resists aren’t that hard to come by, although more is nice. Imperial and argonian are both great and have more sustain than nord. Nord will only be required for trial score pushes.

I swapped to imperial but am considering going back to argonian. The potion passive is still really good.

rip decibel
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a selfish Imperial DK tank in Warrior Poet, Seducer and Mighty Chudan. 41k health, 23k stam, 22k mag, 33.5k dual resists unbuffed. When dd's start wearing gear to help me tank better, I'll start wearing gear to help them dps better. I don't care about competitive top end content and that choice permits lots of freedom.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on March 6, 2019 2:53AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the difference between ebon is 3k hp before bonuses, with it will be more, but essentially it is a trade of "3k of my health to the damage dealers, so they can focus more on dealing damage". i understand that more health and more resists are nice, but if the dds are alive and dealing damage, you need to tank less.