Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

rate my little tankypoo ;)

r34lian
r34lian
✭✭✭✭✭
figured I'll share my little tanky poo build on a sacle of 1 to 10 rate my build and any tips on how to futhur enhance it :)
ipqw1Ug.jpg
xPfjLUS.jpg
g5pRWp4.jpg
Gear : lord warden + ebon + plague doctor full sturdy
Enchantments : mag recovery in jewellery
Front bar : infused with crusher enchant
Back bar : Infused with weakning enchant
Edited by r34lian on February 27, 2019 10:41AM
2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton

rate my little tankypoo ;) 46 votes

>10 good
6%
JeremyRaammzzaaMannKurt 3 votes
>7 decent
39%
DeadlyRecluseNemesis7884NarthalionWingjircris11OnebitsoulVeiledCriticismlassitershawnkathandiraViscous119ElwendryllJamesDXphantasmalDWoppaBoemMartiniDanielsOdovacarmacsmoothDuduck_III 18 votes
>5 fair / situational
34%
SuddwrathMgghoolhazzer6xParrot1986DankstakylewwefanShezzarrinejlmurra2FroilTimXZeroXFFdracul813AbysmalGhulCatastrophicSuccessErinSparkbladezvavi 16 votes
>3 trash go play fortnite noob
19%
U_D_D_I_N_RAlex_LexIcy_WafflesRouDeRWildRaptorXMarledorUrvothBilldorr34lian 9 votes
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pictures not working
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i suspected that
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pictures not working

there we go!!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >10 good
    figured I'll share my little tanky poo build on a sacle of 1 to 10 rate my build and any tips on how to futhur enhance it :)
    ipqw1Ug.jpg
    xPfjLUS.jpg
    g5pRWp4.jpg

Stats look good to me.
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >5 fair / situational
    I would personally add more into magicka (15-16k)and lose about 600-700 points in magicka recovery. That's just my preference.
    Edited by AbysmalGhul on February 27, 2019 10:29AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >7 decent
    You need to show gear/enchantments :) tank skill themselves are almost the same across any builds - 8 you have + 2 flex slots.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >7 decent
    Too much resists :o But she's cute.
    Edited by Elwendryll on February 27, 2019 10:42AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    Too much resists :o But she's cute.

Before this patch with bloodspawn proc she used to have like 34k spell and 31k physical resistance this patch lul!
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >7 decent
    Before this patch with bloodspawn proc she used to have like 34k spell and 31k physical resistance this patch lul!

Oh, I see xD Then you can surely convert some of this resistance to something else right? Your old values were fine.
    Edited by Elwendryll on February 27, 2019 10:47AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    too much resistance,
    should be, 60hp - 4mag or 4 stam,
    all in all, will do the job.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And you voted '>3 trash go play fortnite noob' because you want to play more fortnight or??
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >5 fair / situational
    You’re way over resistance cap of 33k although looks like that’s with Warden proc, if you have any CP in either Spell or Physical resistance I’d remove and reallocate elsewhere.

Magika pool seems way too low and you’d be better with a higher pool of magika than high regen IMO. 1 or 2 magika skills will drain your magika and even with high sustain it’s likely not enough for Obisidan, chains, talons, dragon blood. Use some tri stat glyphs and tri food and you’ll be sorted. Use balance/spell sym or deep thoughts for regen.

Will work fine for dungeons I’m sure but harder fights might struggle.
    Edited by Parrot1986 on February 27, 2019 10:51AM
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    I see no point using both Plague and Ebon, no need to stack that much health. And even that you have high mag recovery you mag pool is so small that U can basically use 2 skills and then you need to wait or cast balance.

Tbh I dont mind the stats if you can do the job. Playing actual content is whole different story than showing the pictures.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >7 decent
    Well, you need to drop plague doctor for alkosh, if you plan to run with organized trial groups.
    Overall, I like such recovery you may use a lot of skills that way without relying on balance mage skill and healer. But you don't have block cost reducing enchants and you don't have any additional source of stamina restore other then standard ones, so in situations when prolonged block is required you may run out of stamina which basically worst which might happen.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >7 decent
    Do you have all your buffs active on the first page?

As others said, that's too much resistance for PvE, you are over the cap by like 5k, that's definitely a waste.
    Magicka pool could also be higher, like twice as much but
    Shield Charge is an odd sight, that's more like a PvP skill.
  • Narthalion
    Narthalion
    ✭✭✭
    >7 decent
    Like everybody else is saying, your resistances are way over cap.

I would disagree with people saying drop the magicka recovery. You're focusing on converting magicka to stamina via Igneous Shield/Helping Hands, right? Magicka recovery is key to driving that engine, so having a lot is a good thing.

Are the stats you're showing here with food, or without? Guessing it's without, based on how low your magicka pool is.

Eventually you'll probably want to upgrade out of Plague, maybe shift some attribute points from stamina into health to compensate if you feel you need it. But as-is, with food to get your magicka pool up to around 12k, I'd expect you to be able to tank most content in the game. Personally I would want more magicka than that, but I think it should still work as long as you're not wasteful in your casts.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not enaugh magicka. Magicka is a bread & butter for any DK build.
  • TimX
    TimX
    ✭✭
    >5 fair / situational
    I would use at least block cost reduction
    And a back bar staff with crusher, then u could use front bar magicka absorb if wanted
    And I would as well try to even out magicka and stamina... That u would have 17k+ Magica is.... Because ur resources through ultiea would be so better
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    >5 fair / situational
    You either need to: 1) Invest in way more magicka, or 2) Slot the skill Balance if you're only going to be running less than 10k magicka.

42k health is a little overkill for most content since you can tank most vet content just fine with 35k health. So you could consider dropping Plague Doctor for something that offers a little more group utility like Dragonguard or Alkosh.

Your resistances are a little bit too high.

You could consider swapping the S&B ulti on your front bar with the Replenishing Barrier ulti. The Barrier not only will protect you but it will protect your group, and it will also give you increased magicka recovery by slotting it.

The Shield Charge is very situational in PvE content. You would be better off dropping it for something like Blood Altar or Engulfing Flames.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    >7 decent
    It's certainly going to be tanky.

I'd drop Plague doctor for a more supportive set, and probably think about a staff backbar due to enchant changes (to get a full value crusher enchant).

Personally I wouldn't run shield charge and chains--probably just chains.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >5 fair / situational
    Drop PD for alkosh (torugs if you don't have alkosh), and change out the spikey back skill (forget the name) for balance. Using balance gives the same buffs and allows for you to use one or two jewlery enchants for something else because it returns mag to you, such as potion cooldown with an infused piece of jewlery. It takes health but when you learn to use it right it is much better and gives amazing sustain, even if you are self healing. For jewlery as I mentioned I would change one to potion cooldown and keep mag recovery/block cost reduction on two harmony jewlery (only if you have a healthier throwing orbs/shards) pieces depending on preference.

Back to gear, if you're not running trials ebon is vastly overrated, and even then if your group is experienced enough they wont need it. I would still use it over PD but a better setup would be allosh/torugs. Really any combination of alkosh, torugs, and dragon guard is better. Just use ebon if you feel like you need extra health
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I don't have dlc for Alkosh and I stopped subing after server issues so not sure I'll be getting Alkosh maybe during those eso+ trial might give it a try.
    Torug's Pact will add almost 3k more spell resist and after enchant nerf don't think it's going to offer much.
    I've used Akaviri Dragon gaurd but most of the time healers are also running warhorn so it becomes kinda useless with bloodspawn and new nord passive combining with dk passives ulti regen is overkill almost 48 ult every 10 sec that's why I swapped those two out with plague doctor and lord warden.
    Edited by r34lian on February 27, 2019 3:13PM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would drop magicka recovery down to about 1800 to raise stamina recovery myself...but then I am not a perma-blocker either. As for the rest, should be perfectly sufficient to tank whatever if played with skill.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >7 decent
    ipqw1Ug.jpg
    xPfjLUS.jpg
    g5pRWp4.jpg
    Gear : lord warden + ebon + plague doctor full sturdy
    Enchantments : mag recovery in jewellery
    Front bar : infused with crusher enchant
    Back bar : Infused with weakning enchant

Not bad at all.

My only crtique would be that you have a little too much in Spell and Physical Resistance. You could lower those a little bit if you can find something else to put in its place.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But your stats are overkill at some places while lacking in the other (PVE wise). For example ressistances dimish after 33k so you have already 3-4k wasted. Your magicka recovery is way too high. Your health is too high. Your stamina is too low. Your magicka is way too low. Your stamina reg is way to low. I'm afraid that your tank won't carry her team through very difficult content, but since you got no DLCs then I guess it doesn't really matter.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll work for content, but it doesn't look very creative. Since I value creativity quite a bit, at most I'd give it a 'fair.' Won't vote in the poll though.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My comments are from the vantage point of how your tank would fair in the most difficult 4-man content. Your tank is decent but I’ll be focusing on where improvement can be made, but your tank has positive features as well.

1. In dungeons your biggest problem will be crowd control on trash fights. Max Magicka is a big deal and your high regen will not cover that weakness. The reason is that crowd control needs you to chain cast a minimum of five skills to get the job done. Usually much more, you can cast two -maybe- three if regen sneaks in the third and then you are down to casting one every four seconds waiting for regen. You def need tria-stat glyphs and food.

2. You have no good skill for an initial aggro pull ona group, this will add to your crowd control troubles.

3. As others noted you have a lot of waisted resistances.

4. You have sacrificed utility to stack two health sets without suceceeding in being impressively tanky. Don’t get me wrong, you are tankier than a lot of tanks run, but I’m tankier than you while wearing Ebon+Alkosh. honestly I suspect your pursuit of super high mag regen and max stam is why. But if you will get all the tri-stat stuff mentioned and move some points into health, then you will be able to choose either SUPER tanky via keeping plague, or same tanky with utility by swapping out plague doctor. All with higher Max Magicka.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I swaped volatile armour for bone shield and am using tri strat food so my mag regen is around 1600
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >5 fair / situational
    necromancing it already, but i would recommend keeping major buffs source on your bars, and instead lowering the resistances gained from cp/gear, maybe even use the new monster set for awesome resource management. but ye, with your high health bone shield is op.