Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Skill morphing occurs only once?

Bob
Bob
✭✭✭
Skill morphing occurs only once per Skill? :'(
Or i miss something?
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, only once.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes only once but there are shrines in the 20-25 zones where you can respec your skills and morphs for a 100g/skill.
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    :\ Well, ty for the info but this is really sad.
  • kyuven
    kyuven
    ✭✭
    seems like excellent additions for future content updates if you ask me.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    For right now yes.

I can honestly see them expanding that out more in the future, but can you imagine adding 4 more abilities per skill? That's 80 new morphed abilities for all the classes.

Then imagine the weapons getting the same treatment, and Guild skills and world skills... SO MANY CHOICES!!!! and my brain shuts down... too much input.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decisions on builds and the way they're applied ingame would not be half as important or half as stimulating if everyone got to morph everything. I really like what they've done with the skills thus far but there's always room for tweaks in the future.
  • Bweefk
    Bweefk
    ✭✭
    I think if they don't add more morphs its a missed opportunity.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am all for it. The decisions and choices would be astounding to see how people build their characters out.

Just because it would be a morph on a morph should not mean the ability is more powerful, just does something a little different.
  • Phoebvs
    Phoebvs
    they've placed 300+ skill points in the game. just like they're readying for something...
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bweefk wrote: »
    I think if they don't add more morphs its a missed opportunity.
    I think the future will show us that nothing was missed. ;)

• Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    For right now yes.

I can honestly see them expanding that out more in the future, but can you imagine adding 4 more abilities per skill? That's 80 new morphed abilities for all the classes.

Well new Black Desert MMO (Korea only) has much more morphs per one skills, so its OK! ;)
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems very unlikely that more morphs won't be added later.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hirion wrote: »
    Yes only once but there are shrines in the 20-25 zones where you can respec your skills and morphs for a 100g/skill.

Road is pretty safe in some factions. Try to get there early if you are sure you need to respec. The higher the level (more skill pts), the higher the price (~100 g/pt).