Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Trade Guild?

Rach71
Rach71
I like that this game does not have an auction house, it keeps me playing and makes my crafted items more useful to me.

I do not mind trading in chat, but that only hits people that are online at the time you are spamming.

I see that people are able to be part of up to 5 guilds it seems, has anyone setup a trade guild just for the purpose of buying and selling items via a guild store?

If not, what limiting factors on starting one? I have not seen the guild permissions tab (not a GM nor am in a guild yet) is it possible to to let all guild member's post their items to the store without letting them tinker with others store items?

Just a thought.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many advertised in the guild recruitment section of the forums. Many have hit the 500 person capacity for guilds already, but there are more being made.

And yes, permissions allow for posting of items without touching other people's.
  • DFDelta
    DFDelta
    ✭✭
    There are several dozen trade guilds around. Since individual guilds are limited to 500 members there will always be new ones starting up every other day. You should usually see 2 or more of them spamming recruiting messages in every major town, or in /zone in general.

The guild store is just a guild only auction house, and functions just like any other auction house ever. (So there is no real need to be able to set any permissions)
    Edited by DFDelta on April 9, 2014 2:07PM
    EU Megaserver
    Chany Therall - Templar VR1
    - Tank in PvE, support Mage in PvP
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DFDelta wrote: »
    There are several dozen trade guilds, since individual guilds are limited to 500 members.

The guild store is just a guild only auction house, and functions just like any other auction house ever.

Well, without a keyword search function. For some unknown and unthinkable reason.
  • DFDelta
    DFDelta
    ✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    There are several dozen trade guilds, since individual guilds are limited to 500 members.

The guild store is just a guild only auction house, and functions just like any other auction house ever.

Well, without a keyword search function. For some unknown and unthinkable reason.

Well, I didn't say it was a good auction house (or even one up to the general MMO standard for that matter......), but the basics it is designed by are pretty much how it is in most games. :D
    Edited by DFDelta on April 9, 2014 2:12PM
    EU Megaserver
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I didn't say it was a good auction house (or even one up to the general MMO standard for that matter......), but the basics it is designed by are pretty much how it is in most games. :D

Yes, I just had to throw that in there. It is the only thing about this game that regularly frustrates me.
  • Rach71
    Rach71
    Thanks for the feedback, I will head over to the Guild forums and look over there.

I dunno, I kinda like the lack of an AH, and the idea of trade guilds to buy and sell items. It gives it a more "midevil" feel.

Now I know the logistics would be insane, but it makes logical to have a crafting material guilds where crafters buy and sell raw materilas among themselves, and guild that deal in the specific class of finished product.

But the game is new and it will be fun to see how the community works around the lack of the traditional AH.
  • DFDelta
    DFDelta
    ✭✭

Yes, I just had to throw that in there. It is the only thing about this game that regularly frustrates me.

Yeah, I know that feeling.
    Every time I have to search trough 4 pages worth of crap to find Honing Stones (or even more pages if I look in different guilds, or if I check if there is a large but relatively cheap stack) I want to strangle some kittens...
    EU Megaserver
  • Rach71
    Rach71

Every time I have to search trough 4 pages worth of crap to find Honing Stones (or even more pages if I look in different guilds, or if I check if there is a large but relatively cheap stack) I want to strangle some kittens...

I have not seen the interface yet, sounds like there is some room for improvement.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At this point, I don't ever go in there looking for anything specific anymore. I gather most of my own stuff. I just browse it sorted by price to see if anyone posted anything absurdly cheap.

That being said, I like the game that way. I much prefer a game that doesn't revolve around shops but instead lets gathering and crafting be viable throughout the entire leveling process.