The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help with woodworking master writ

LadySinflower
LadySinflower
✭✭✭✭✭
I got a woodworking master writ today. Normally I'm pretty happy to get them but I can't figure out this one. I don't want to accept it unless I know I have all of the qualifications to complete it. Here's what it says:

---BEGIN QUOTE---
Requested: One shield 'to satisfy an Orcish parable.' I can tell you no more than that. Find me when you've made it." —Rolis Hlaalu
---END QUOTE---

Has anyone gotten this writ before? If so, what exactly are they asking you to make? I mean, obviously a shield, but what material, style, set, or enchants?

I did search online for this writ. While the wiki has an info page, it says only to craft the shield and turn it in. Nothing about what kind of a shield they want. Any help is appreciated.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that just the quest text? From what I see online, that's just the generic line Rolis says when you accept the quest.

Can you see the "sealed woodworking writ" info? If its automatically prompting you to accept the quest instead of letting you view the info, it might be a setting. I know the Lazy Writ Crafter has a setting where you don't automatically accept it.

When I have a woodworking writ as a reward, I can see the info from my inventory, like in this blacksmithing image.
    qPKqX6B.png
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 4, 2019 12:41AM
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll look at my settings but that's the only text I see. I've never had one be so vague because yes you can usually see the details in your inventory. Thanks.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is strange. The game must have glitched and pulled the generic text into the description. The vague text I was seeing was the description of the writ while viewing it in inventory where you usually see the full details. I went to the restroom and got logged out for inactivity. When I logged back in, I viewed the writ again in the inventory and it was normal. It now has full details. I wish I'd taken a picture of it before because I'm sure the devs would like to see something weird like that. Anyway, problem solved. Thanks.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have found that logging out and back in, possibly even restarting the game/PS4 is the equivalent to "have you tried turning it off and on again?" It can clear up too many things.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had this happen before with a woodworking writ. Just /reloadui seemed to set it right. Weird glitch, eh? I was actually kind of excited to figure it out before it went back to normal. :/
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, what shield is it that "satisfies an Orcish parable"? I'm curious!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    So, what shield is it that "satisfies an Orcish parable"? I'm curious!

I'm not in the game right now but will try to remember to post the details of the actual shield later. I don't remember exactly what it is, only that I don't know the style and did not check if I can do the set. I have 8 traits finished researching on the shield so the set probably isn't a problem (unless it's one of the few 9-trait sets). So it's sitting in my bank until I figure out how to get the shield page for the style or decide it's worth more to sell the writ. Stand by! 😺
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auricle wrote: »
    I have had this happen before with a woodworking writ. Just /reloadui seemed to set it right. Weird glitch, eh? I was actually kind of excited to figure it out before it went back to normal. :/

Does /reloadui work on console? I'm on Xbox NA. I know we can do the stuck command but no idea of any others. Thanks.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auricle wrote: »

Does /reloadui work on console? I'm on Xbox NA. I know we can do the stuck command but no idea of any others. Thanks.

Yes, /reloadui works on console. Just enter it in text chat (doesn’t matter what channel) and it will toss you into a loading screen while it resets.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)