The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't Heavy Attack after Energy Overload depletion

chadotter
chadotter
Soul Shriven
When fighting a boss battle and using Energy Overload I am unable to do a standard heavy attack once Ultimate is depleted. This has been most consistent fighting Grothdarr in the Vaults of Madness and I think it started after Wrathstone. Switching weapons or even gear after the battle doesn't bring my heavy attack back. I've had to log out and back in again.

Has anyone else seen something similar?
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! I'm getting this today, too. Tried weapon swapping, reloading UI, etc.

PC/NA using console beta controller.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Any help?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the same bug while testing on the pts.

When the ultimate is totally depleted using overload heavy attack, all regular heavy attacks interrupt their animation before actually doing anything. And the subsequent overload heavy attacks will just display a light attack animation, without anything happening.

I found how to "fix" that. I might need to try again.

1. Activate the ultimate.
    2. Light attack.
    3. Deactivate it.
    4. Bar swap.
    5. You can heavy attack again.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • chadotter
    chadotter
    Soul Shriven
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    I got the same bug while testing on the pts.

When the ultimate is totally depleted using overload heavy attack, all regular heavy attacks interrupt their animation before actually doing anything. And the subsequent overload heavy attacks will just display a light attack animation, without anything happening.

I found how to "fix" that. I might need to try again.

1. Activate the ultimate.
    2. Light attack.
    3. Deactivate it.
    4. Bar swap.
    5. You can heavy attack again.

Thanks, it worked for me twice this afternoon. Messes with the flow of the fight, but at least it can get back on track.