The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Jarl's Frock - how it dyes?

AlienSlof
AlienSlof
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Can anyone show how well this costume dyes? The most recent wood elf gear dyed like mud, so I was able to get a refund on the one I bought, thankfully. I want to know how well this one takes various colours before buying. I have a few characters that look good in it, but they have different colour themes.
Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    I was just going to ask the same question.
    Options
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/jarls-justice-formal-frock/

Can't dye the gold parts, which is a shame. I wanted to try them in silver.
    Options
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is indeed a shame! When I first saw it, I thought I'll dye the waist cincher black straight away, but noooooo....
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
    Options
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It dyes pretty poorly, all reds and blacks look washed out.
    Edited by Aeslief on March 1, 2019 2:11AM
    Options
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up getting it because I thought it looked nice on my Orc and Altmer characters. I have a few dyes tested out here:

https://imgur.com/a/NJK3qTN
    Edited by Lady_Sleepless on March 1, 2019 3:55AM
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i figured as much, thanks for the confirmation. :)

Options
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    It dyes pretty poorly, all reds and blacks look washed out.

I think Coldharbor Ash Black is ok. Daedric Red also good.
    Though gold parts... again... I want silver with my black!

mgU5ZBs.png
    UZytwUK.png
    c9ZxTwU.png
    b3krALm.png

Looks not bad on some male characters!
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
    Options
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OOH I think it is awesome! b8d5bfc924994cacee6c867bd10c253e.png

you cannot dye the gold, but all the colours so far look great on it and true to colour. I want SILVER too! <3 Shame we cannot dye the gold bits.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That stinks. I'm so tired of costumes where we're stuck having gold details. I won't be buying this one.
    Options
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With proper dyes free Bard dress looks better than this.
    Options
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all people have golden dyes so they would welcome real gold on their costume.
    Options
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all people have golden dyes so they would welcome real gold on their costume.

Nobody protests about gold being default color. What is bad - that we can't change it.
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To have the gold dyeable, it would need 4 dyes channels - things are all set up to have 3 at most. 4 would be nice, but I don't know how much work that would be to implement.

Still, it dyes great, so I bought it on both PC servers.
    Edited by AlienSlof on March 2, 2019 3:27PM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enemoriana wrote: »

Nobody protests about gold being default color. What is bad - that we can't change it.

Yeah I know. I just wanted to point out an advantage in this disadvantage.

By the way. I've bought it and am looking for a good dye for the middle dress part that is in front. One that would look as good as the standard blue one or exactlyt the same. Any suggestions?
    Options
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like gold very much and so I won't be getting this despite loving to collect costumes. I think gold should be dye-able like the Cyrod Patrician Formal Gown's metal parts.
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    To have the gold dyeable, it would need 4 dyes channels - things are all set up to have 3 at most. 4 would be nice, but I don't know how much work that would be to implement.

I dunno, I didn't think they really needed a separate colour for the trim, which one can barely see; the third channel could have been used for the metal pieces instead of the trim.

I coloured my entire Frock various (tasteful) shades of gold :p
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    AlienSlof wrote: »

I dunno, I didn't think they really needed a separate colour for the trim, which one can barely see; the third channel could have been used for the metal pieces instead of the trim.

I coloured my entire Frock various (tasteful) shades of gold :p

exactly.

Options