The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Confused about thieves guild side quest

Aertew
Aertew
✭✭✭✭
So I was done with morrowind and Summerset, so I was wondering what to do, I decided im going to continue the thieves guild questline, but since I dont have a high enough level I go to the thieves guild to look for a daily quest, instead I find a quest marker on a note from Quen, so I assume its the main quest somehow, and since I dont remember the quest line of thieves guild after a while I pick it up. Apparently I dig up her inheritance and mercenaries from a friend of hers are digging too, then they talk and Quen talks about opening the inheritance at a roof top where she lives. So I go there but its only the lady that had mercenaries. So after the quest im confused and dont learn whats Quens's inheritance?
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been awhile since I did this one but I think if you go down to the thief’s den you will find Quen in here room area and will find about her inheritance. This is still part of the main quest believe
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of weirdnesses about the Thieves Guild:
    • There are no pure side quests in Hew's Bane. EVERYTHING is either directly in the main story, or based on characters from the main story, or repeatables. Edit: See below for a SLIGHT correction to this.
    • You at times need to do some repeatable quests to have enough status to get the next story quest.

Edited by FrancisCrawford on March 1, 2019 5:33AM
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been awhile since I did this one but I think if you go down to the thief’s den you will find Quen in here room area and will find about her inheritance.

Yes, it's this. There is a note that tells you the story in the Den.
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    • There are no pure side quests in Hew's Bane. EVERYTHING is either directly in the main story, or based on characters from the main story, or repeatables.
    • You at times need to do some repeatable quests to have enough status to get the next story quest.

Each of the delves has a one time quest that does not involve the main characters. But other than those I think you're right there. I think some of the other guild story lines may also run into the same issue, I know I have with DB. Maybe mages guild if you jump straight to the Valaste story quests without having read many more books.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    • There are no pure side quests in Hew's Bane. EVERYTHING is either directly in the main story, or based on characters from the main story, or repeatables.

Each of the delves has a one time quest that does not involve the main characters. But other than those I think you're right there. I think some of the other guild story lines may also run into the same issue, I know I have with DB. Maybe mages guild if you jump straight to the Valaste story quests without having read many more books.

Thanks for the correction. Fixed!
    Options
  • Finder
    Finder
    ✭✭✭
    Aertew wrote: »
    So I was done with morrowind and Summerset, so I was wondering what to do, I decided im going to continue the thieves guild questline, but since I dont have a high enough level I go to the thieves guild to look for a daily quest, instead I find a quest marker on a note from Quen, so I assume its the main quest somehow, and since I dont remember the quest line of thieves guild after a while I pick it up. Apparently I dig up her inheritance and mercenaries from a friend of hers are digging too, then they talk and Quen talks about opening the inheritance at a roof top where she lives. So I go there but its only the lady that had mercenaries. So after the quest im confused and dont learn whats Quens's inheritance?

Good, question, I just ran into this today too.
    Options
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Been awhile since I did this one but I think if you go down to the thief’s den you will find Quen in here room area and will find about her inheritance.

Yes, it's this. There is a note that tells you the story in the Den.

Ok thx
    Options