The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game is no longer detected by Nvidia Geforce experience

• Trensharo
    Trensharo
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Trensharo wrote: »
    That's not a fix for the problem. It makes the game show up, but it still cannot optimize. Clicking the button does nothing. Usually this happens automatically when GeForce Experience finds a game, provided it has been run once on the machine already (so the Configuration file is there). On my machine, it shows up, but clicking the button does nothing at all.

I just uninstalled the game, instead, cause I can't be bothered to deal with the hassle. Guess I gotta buy that Destiny 2 expansion...

Also, the B.S. upthread from the Customer Service person about laptops not being supported is complete hogwash. Or the developers are completely clueless about what notebooks are shipping with these days.

You uninstalled because Geforce experience can't change a few settings for you? You can literally just change them yourself based on what Geforce shows you it thinks it should be.

Geforce Experience doesn't make any magical changes to any of the games in it's lists. Just basic settings based on your rig.

GeForce Experience does more than simply change in game settings. Try actually looking at it sometimes. Thisbis especially relevant for Laptop users. If the game isn't properly detected, it causes issues.

Also, some features that GeForce Experience can enable are not exposed via in-Game settings; Nvidia-spevific features.

I didn't break it, so I don't see a point in wasting any time at all trying to fix it. There are other games.
  • dazza1033
    dazza1033
    ✭✭✭
    Trensharo wrote: »
    That's not a fix for the problem. It makes the game show up, but it still cannot optimize.

There has been another change since the latest DLC. The video setting Ambient occlusion now has three options. However GeForce experience still only has on or off. So the optimize is not working properly but you can still see if you have optimum settings
  • Dagranpa
    Dagranpa
    Soul Shriven
    This problem still persists ... i posted on Geforce Expirience Forum (Forum Post)
    but perhaps it needs action from ESO's side?
  • augestflex_ESO
    This happened to me today after the patch. Last night I was in Geforce Experience because I installed a new monitor last night and ESO was there. Today after the patch it no longer shows up for me.
  • lordofsidious
    check this @ZOS_BillE there is no nvidia eso on folder there is a issue there on experience il sent a photo that you see this

https://imgur.com/a/XUwYxz5 <- no eso there on nvidia experience
  • darigaaz87
    darigaaz87
    ✭✭
    Hello, new PC ESO player here.

I had the same problem, ESO wouldn't show up in GeForce Experience. Although I've found here a partial solution: you just navigate to your game folder, find the file "eso64.exe", copy/paste it in the same folder and rename it "eso.exe". This way the game is recognized by GeForce Experience, but can't be optimized, even if the optimization button is clickable, it won't apply any change to the game settings.
    Does anyone know how to change those settings manually? Are them all available in the in-game graphic settings, or are there some kind of files you have to manually edit to make those changes?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
    Edited by darigaaz87 on December 21, 2018 5:30AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    darigaaz87 wrote: »
    Hello, new PC ESO player here.

I had the same problem, ESO wouldn't show up in GeForce Experience. Although I've found here a partial solution: you just navigate to your game folder, find the file "eso64.exe", copy/paste it in the same folder and rename it "eso.exe". This way the game is recognized by GeForce Experience, but can't be optimized, even if the optimization button is clickable, it won't apply any change to the game settings.
    Does anyone know how to change those settings manually? Are them all available in the in-game graphic settings, or are there some kind of files you have to manually edit to make those changes?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

@darigaaz87

They are available in the ingame graphic settings. It's no longer just an 'on/off' setting and that's why Nvidia Experience won't do it.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • darigaaz87
    darigaaz87
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    They are available in the ingame graphic settings. It's no longer just an 'on/off' setting and that's why Nvidia Experience won't do it.

Thank you for the clarification, now I know what to do.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know if it is a more recent update, but my Geoforce Experience does recognize ESO.
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    My one is not and as never supporting Eso. Writing feedbacks wont help. The Elder Scrolls Online is not even listed at the list of supported games.
  • OhDios
    OhDios
    ✭✭✭
    Just Make a copy of eso64.exe and name it eso.exe that makes the trick.
    The issue was Zenimax deleting Eso.exe to leave only eso64.exe and Nvidia geforce experience isnt update to recognize that change.
  • LoganSniper
    One answer to all this is check to see if you have ESO.exe still in the directory for the game you have 2 in there one is ESO.exe and the other is ESO64.exe, Nvidea only see's the ESO.exe not the ESO64.exe so if this is the case do a repair and see if you can get the exe file back then it will be seen if your like me though I need the game to run on the ESO64.exe so I have to remove the ESO.exe otherwise the game won't start for me. but having the file in place will allow you to optimize the game run the game once after and then you can close the game and remove the ESO.exe file put it somewhere safe and somewhere you can remember so in the future you can put it back and do your updates with it. Hope this helps you all out.
  • Kiwi
    Kiwi
    ✭✭✭✭
    it doesn't matter if it sees it or not, the changes are not saved and applied to the game client
    A large yellow rectangle

• Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this issue too, damn game can't be found by Nvidia so I just uninstalled it, and no lie, the game runs WAY smoother now
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atreidus wrote: »
    My one is not and as never supporting Eso. Writing feedbacks wont help. The Elder Scrolls Online is not even listed at the list of supported games.

ESO is on the list of supported games, right after Skyrim VR. Look in the T's: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/games/
    OhDios wrote: »
    Just Make a copy of eso64.exe and name it eso.exe that makes the trick.
    The issue was Zenimax deleting Eso.exe to leave only eso64.exe and Nvidia geforce experience isnt update to recognize that change.

This worked to make GeForce detect the game, but I can't seem to get it to accept the optimized settings.
    PC-NA Goat
  • dazza1033
    dazza1033
    ✭✭✭
    You can just create a 'eso.exe' text file (or folder) where the eso64.exe is located and NVIDIA will detect it. However 'ambient occulsion' in ESO has changed so you can no longer optimse.

Since the last couple of updates the optimal settings are no good for my PC. If I use the optimised settings NVIDIA recommends my FPS now drops 10-20 so I have to adjust some of the settings manually. The game has changed and the NVIDIA optimisation needs to be updated.
  • SoulPT
    SoulPT
    ✭✭✭
    I have to participate in this. I had exactly the same problem as users here, Geforce Experience wasn't detecting my game and running the game on max with my GTX 980TI 6GB gave me around 40/45 fps in cities...

After trying out the folder called eso.exe trick i was able to detect the game in Geforce Experience but was unable to modify anything, however, after I clicked optimise, and although nothing changed, the game now allowed me to manually set my resolution up to 4k using DSR!!! When i did that the game started running at 120fps stable with everything maxed out... I can''t explain how the hell that is possible nor do i understand the reason behind it but i swear to god i can run everything on max now, with a resolution of 3840 × 2160 and it runs amazing everywhere!!! Graphics are also excellent so its not some kind of bug or erroneous information.

I tried during the day, during night time, in low char areas, high char areas, only pvp takes my fps down to 60+

Guys, try it out.
    Edited by SoulPT on January 31, 2019 3:59PM
  • Manniala
    Manniala
    ✭✭✭
    SoulPT wrote: »
    I have to participate in this. I had exactly the same problem as users here, Geforce Experience wasn't detecting my game and running the game on max with my GTX 980TI 6GB gave me around 40/45 fps in cities...

After trying out the folder called eso.exe trick i was able to detect the game in Geforce Experience but was unable to modify anything, however, after I clicked optimise, and although nothing changed, the game now allowed me to manually set my resolution up to 4k using DSR!!! When i did that the game started running at 120fps stable with everything maxed out... I can''t explain how the hell that is possible nor do i understand the reason behind it but i swear to god i can run everything on max now, with a resolution of 3840 × 2160 and it runs amazing everywhere!!! Graphics are also excellent so its not some kind of bug or erroneous information.

I tried during the day, during night time, in low char areas, high char areas, only pvp takes my fps down to 60+

Guys, try it out.

yeah i call this so much BS. There is no f.. way you are able to run at 120fps with everything as max.
    And people that have to type "i severe" and what not, usually are the ones that "smells" the worst..

You even have to manually tweek the UserSettings.txt file for the game to be able to run more than 100 fps. So again BS..

I just wait til one coming to this post and post, i Ran this at max res on my pentium 1 computer from 1995, i svere it ran at 4k resolution...

Lets see your settings and game performance in a video with FPS enabled...
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guys, try it out.

Lol, nice try.

I got the 4k DSR to work, downsampled to 1080p. Avg FPS is ~60-80 depending on where I am, busier places is lower.

On RTX 2080 and i7 7700k @ 5.0GHz.
    PC-NA Goat
  • SoulPT
    SoulPT
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what to tell you, I can't really believe it myself but why would I lie? After playing these days I've noticed there are some areas where it drops to around 100 (like in EbonHeart during peak hours) but, other than that, it's pretty stable. It's quite alright if you don't believe me, I was only trying to help.

I did tweak the UserSetting.txt file but the only things i changed were RequestedNumJobThreads and RequestedNumWorkerThreads which I both changed to 0, and I did that before i got the DSR working because I was trying to smooth out the game. I also zeroed the MULTI_GPU_CHECK so the game would start a bit faster.

Again I'm sorry if you guys can't replicate this but it was what happened to me and I posted it so I could maybe help some people get more performance and to see if someone tech savvy would make some sense of it.

I'm quite baffled now, especially since @AlienatedGoat says he can only run 60-80 with a top of the line GPU... Maybe zenimax can shed some light into how is this possible.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    My Nvidia Experience also doesn't see ESO anymore, but it doesn't really ruin my FPS because I fixed my settings according to this amazingly useful instructions in the video one of the players left in the fps problems discussion. The video is called Improving Performance In The Elder Scrolls Online, it's easy to find.

And now even when fps dip, it doesn't go lower than 40. But mostly I get from 100 to 80.
    My problem is the ping that's been horrid since EU server's problems started.
  • OhDios
    OhDios
    ✭✭✭
    I uninstalled Nvidia Geforce Experience and my fps improved, i wasn using any other function of that app so it is fine to me.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OhDios wrote: »
    I uninstalled Nvidia Geforce Experience and my fps improved, i wasn using any other function of that app so it is fine to me.

How does that work? I disable the overlay (As I do with most apps that come with one because it screws with performance), but other than that, I can't really see how GeForce Experience would affect your fps
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @dazza1033

If ESO is no longer being detected by GeForce Experience, please make sure your graphic drivers are fully updated. After updating, you may need to restart your PC.

This has been a problem with my card and the game for 2 months. I have reached out for help but got nothing back.
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what to tell you, I can't really believe it myself but why would I lie? After playing these days I've noticed there are some areas where it drops to around 100 (like in EbonHeart during peak hours) but, other than that, it's pretty stable. It's quite alright if you don't believe me, I was only trying to help.

I did tweak the UserSetting.txt file but the only things i changed were RequestedNumJobThreads and RequestedNumWorkerThreads which I both changed to 0, and I did that before i got the DSR working because I was trying to smooth out the game. I also zeroed the MULTI_GPU_CHECK so the game would start a bit faster.

Again I'm sorry if you guys can't replicate this but it was what happened to me and I posted it so I could maybe help some people get more performance and to see if someone tech savvy would make some sense of it.

I'm quite baffled now, especially since @AlienatedGoat says he can only run 60-80 with a top of the line GPU... Maybe zenimax can shed some light into how is this possible.

It's coz eso is so poorly optimised that even an i7 7700k CPU is bottlenecking and would expectedly give about that 60 to 80 FPS. Anything from about a 970 graphics card up is easily capable of 100 FPS constantly. And a 980 will be fine to hold 100 FPS always on triple screen or at 4k resolution. Higher spec graphics cards have no benefit at all to FPS. To get that kind of FPS you virtually need to get a 8th or 9th gen CPU. An i7 6700 CPU only gives about 25% to 35% GPU load/utilisation in cities on a graphics card like that. If the graphics card were a 970 with a 7700k then the GPU load would still only reach about 70% most times and the FPS virtually would not change at all using graphics card all the way up to the latest and greatest. An i7 6700 would give about 50 FPS in any city with any graphics card around a 970 or higher. Some exceptions are some old dual core CPU's since multi-core support was added perform as well as an i7 8800 CPU giving 100 FPS always apart from a minimum ever in trials of around 70 FPS. And many owners of workstation CPU's costing many thousands of $ often have about the same performance as an i7 6700. GPU load not staying at 98%+ and FPS also not being at 100 at the same time is far to often in this game. Going higher then a 8800 cpu and those few times the FPS does drop below 100 in places like trials being around the 70 FPS minimum region, would gain more FPS if the CPU was a higher spec again. Also higher resolutions are very GPU sided. The result of using a bottlenecking CPU when changing from 1080p to 4k is only about a 5 to 10 loss in FPS and increases GPU load by about 10%. All numbers i mention do vary depending on whats happening around a character. The numbers i have used are just standing around in any major city. Go to a empty house with no other players around and the CPU needs to process very little and the GPU might actually get mostly used. Go in to dungeons or worse again, trials. The GPU load is lower. At least the electricity cost is a little bit cheaper in eso with newer expensive graphics cards that vary wattage's based on its load. Quieter to if it has fans based on temperature as many graphics cards now do.
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA