Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Destruction staff passive "Tri Power"

SexyVette07
SexyVette07
✭✭✭
I asked this question in the weapon line subforum, but for some reason all of the threads there are missing or invisible. They vanished into thin air!

My question is specifically about the fire staff effect for 10% bonus crit on your target after a heavy attack. Does anyone know how long that effect lasts? It doesnt show up in the stock game UI or on Foundry Tactical Combat. Im wondering if this is really worth the two skill points. If it has a short duration, ill probably switch to the resto staff for single target dps.

Looking forward to accurate responses. Thanks.
  • flameweaver
    flameweaver
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure it's an ongoing effect, but more a 10% increase to crit damage at the end of your heavy damage. I tend to use the heavy attack at the end of my rotation as a "finisher" and usually end up with a dead mob at my feet.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure it's an ongoing effect, but more a 10% increase to crit damage at the end of your heavy damage. I tend to use the heavy attack at the end of my rotation as a "finisher" and usually end up with a dead mob at my feet.
    I dont think thats the case. It reads " fire attacks (with a heavy attack) increase critical strike rating with destruction spells against target by 10%". The question is for how long. The frost staff variant says its for 3.5 seconds, why does it not say for fire >.<

At any rate, im highly considering going resto staff for single target. Most of the destruction staff is fluff. Would still like to know the answer though.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FTC was able to show buffs, it showed the fire heavy attack debuff as something like 6-8 seconds.
    Not very long.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Weird, it never shows up for me. Thank you so much!