Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New best race for magicka DK?

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Evidently it isn't dark elves anymore, so I am curious about what you guys have changed to and why?

I am split bewteen high elf, breton or maybe even argonian - what's your poison?
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark elf
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    High elf for pure damage, Breton for sustain
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE? Breton, Altmer or Dunmer

PvP? Altmer, Khajiit, Dunmer or Imperial
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone tried Altmer yet? Do you see any stamina return?

I'm using a dunmer with a stick but I'd like to go back to snb with Blood thorn or something.
    PC EU
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According the the patch notes, you only get a resource return on whichever resource pool is the highest when playing an altmer.

So if I am reading it right, you only get a magicka return when playing a MagDK.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    According the the patch notes, you only get a resource return on whichever resource pool is the highest when playing an altmer.

So if I am reading it right, you only get a magicka return when playing a MagDK.

Ah well that rules out Altmer then, on any class.
    PC EU
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is totally wrong, it is the other way round. As a magicka dk, you will only get stamina restored as an altmer. That is the reason every PvE player complained, since that passive is useless in PvE.

So in PvP you got quite some choices for a magicka dk build:
    - Breton for easy sustain
    - Dunmer for huge stats
    - Imperial for huge offstats
    - Argonian, because why not (was already strong before)
    - Altmer, for the best spell damage but also great for block builds, since they have additional stamina sustain while blocking
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

This is totally wrong, it is the other way round. As a magicka dk, you will only get stamina restored as an altmer. That is the reason every PvE player complained, since that passive is useless in PvE.

- Dunmer for huge stats
    - Altmer, for the best spell damage but also great for block builds, since they have additional stamina sustain while blocking

So if you are low stamina, you could get some back?

Or you only get stamina back when your magicka low? I'm confused it's such a bizarre passive.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on February 28, 2019 10:29AM
    PC EU
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Dunmer for huge stats

No, if you are a magicka character, meaning your max magicka pool is higher than your max stam pool, you will always restore stamina through that passive. Even if you are out of magicka, but you still have stamina left, that passive will restore stamina. And if you are full stamina, but out of magicka, you will get nothing.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

- Dunmer for huge stats

No, if you are a magicka character, meaning your max magicka pool is higher than your max stam pool, you will always restore stamina through that passive. Even if you are out of magicka, but you still have stamina left, that passive will restore stamina. And if you are full stamina, but out of magicka, you will get nothing.

Ah ha! Thank you!

Gonna go race change now bye
    PC EU
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer, I lost a little bid of damage and got back more stam and more healing, thus for PVP still perfect race.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭

- Dunmer for huge stats

Or you only get stamina back when your magicka low? I'm confused it's such a bizarre passive.

It’s really not that complicated. Activate a class ability = restore Magicka or stamina, whichever is lower. So On a MagDk the lower pool would be stamina.
    Edited by md3788 on February 28, 2019 11:13AM
    vFG1 HM
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I'm staying Dunmer.
  • roarr
    roarr
    ✭✭✭
    Imho dunmer because
    Altmer || dunmer
    + Spell power / + spell power and weapon dmg
    600 stam on class spell use once every 6s/ 1800 stamina
    2k mag bonus / 1800 mag
    Edited by roarr on February 28, 2019 1:22PM
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    I switched my Imperial Stam DK to a Breton Mag DK and I am loving the extra sustain since DK skills are expensive.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so I just logged in to find out that my dark elf has actually received an 1875 increase to both magicka and stamina, opposed to the balance thread's 1275 increase number.

Guess I am staiyng dark elf after all.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay, so I just logged in to find out that my dark elf has actually received an 1875 increase to both magicka and stamina, opposed to the balance thread's 1275 increase number.

Guess I am staiyng dark elf after all.

I'm trying a dunmer hybrid DK. 25k health, 24k stam and magicka, 2700 wpn dmg and 2200 spell dmg when buffed (purple weapons)

Sload's + Sun + Skoria (to compensate the spell dmg) DW and shock staff (until I get the flame staff that I deconstructed some months ago). Bleeds + flame (Blod craze + embers ). 1.2k mag recover, around 600 stam recovery (that's why I'm running stam pots and stam recovery glyphs on weapons).

Very fun build, it made me remember Dk builds prior to 1.6
    Edited by Xvorg on March 1, 2019 3:05PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People saying Altmer best for damage, but Dunmer and Altmer have same spell dmg bonus and the magicka difference from the racials is only 125 magicka. Which is equivalent to 12 sp. dmg, completely negligible for PvP.

Dunmer has larger stam pool and more resistances against other MagDKs, Altmer has better stam sustain through Spellcharge. That's the only meaningful difference between the two races, not dmg.

Personally, if I rolled a new PvP magDK now, I'd go with Breton. His base mag regen and cost reduction passives are better for switching between light and heavy builds as they come and go out of fashion, it's like wearing a Seducer at all times. Also that resistance passive is huge when afflicted with a status effect. Goes as high as 4.6k practically negating Major Breach. Makes you an absolute tank against mag chars.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Mophet
    Mophet
    ✭✭
    I stayed Altmer to test it for a bit in Sotha Sil. But I found my magicking sustain had gone to a point where it didn't seem like a passive was not working right and I had to swap infused spell damage jewellery glyph for Magicka regen which completely negates the racial spell damage passive. In CP campaigns I think Altmer would work out well but in no CP seemed broken.

After a week I switched to Breton and it fixed my magicking sustain problem in no CP Campaigns and seems to be great.

This is maybe down to my own play style so may not affect everyone the same way playing MagDK in no CP.
    Edited by Mophet on March 2, 2019 6:18PM
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord anyone?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Nord anyone?
    Definitely seems like a solid choice for Magicka builds in PvP right now, especially in Battlegrounds. Being immune to the Chilled status effect means that you can't be rooted by Wall of Frost (which is quite common in BGs), and won't have to deal with the far and away #1 most common source of Minor Maim. The Ultimate Generation, 1,000 HP, 1,500 Stamina, and 3,960 Resists (worth a little more than 2x Gold Protective jewelry) are also all useful.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Calboy wrote: »
    Nord anyone?
    Definitely seems like a solid choice for Magicka builds in PvP right now, especially in Battlegrounds. Being immune to the Chilled status effect means that you can't be rooted by Wall of Frost (which is quite common in BGs), and won't have to deal with the far and away #1 most common source of Minor Maim. The Ultimate Generation, 1,000 HP, 1,500 Stamina, and 3,960 Resists (worth a little more than 2x Gold Protective jewelry) are also all useful.

Yes, for pvp I feel like everyone overlooks nord. But it's the same for every mmo, everyone just guns for whatever has the highest damage
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually went for Breton, not because I don't like the Nord racials, but because sustain on Magicka DK is rough. 7% cost reduction, 100 regen and 2k magicka goes a long way.
    With the stupid amount of healing and mitigation happening in Cyrodiil, fights can last quite a long time. I just don't think there's any way I could sustain on a Nord, especially if I wanted to go to the no cp campaign or BGs.