The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC People: How is Wood Elf Stealth Detection? Is it Noticeable?

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Have any PC players out there gotten any use out of the new 3 meter stealth detection passive for Wood Elves?
Does it make hunting hidden/cloaked players any easier, and is the effect noticeable?
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is kinda OP in NB versus NB duels so yeah it is very noticable.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't really seen a difference in battlegrounds.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have any PC players out there gotten any use out of the new 3 meter stealth detection passive for Wood Elves?
    Does it make hunting hidden/cloaked players any easier, and is the effect noticeable?

From my limited testing (I don't have any combat add ons) Bosmer stealth detection doesn't work on cloaked or otherwise invisible enemies. It only works on players crouched in stealth. This appears to be incorrect after more testing.

It also doesn't break a stealthed player out of stealth. The detected player can be seen by the Bosmer but is not otherwise revealed as they would be with say magelight or flare. So mostly useful in a solo situation.

Only tested in Cyro, I don't play BGs outside of midyear mayhem nor do I duel - so that disclaimer as well.
    Edited by anadandy on March 1, 2019 4:00PM
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I'm also wondering if Hunter's Eye will stack will Camo Hunter.

Camo Hunter (6 meters) + Hunter's Eye (3 meters) = 9 meter detection when activating Camo Hunter?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I'm also wondering if Hunter's Eye will stack will Camo Hunter.

Camo Hunter (6 meters) + Hunter's Eye (3 meters) = 9 meter detection when activating Camo Hunter?

Agree. I'm wondering the same thing about Inner Light or Radiant Magelight.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it says stealth detection radius which is crouching.

sneak=\=invis? i believe it doesnt affect nbs.
    darkblue5 wrote: »

• darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »

It does pop people from stealth. You have to be very on top of them, which is hard with lag, to see them. You will see them through sneak and through invisibility just like when you use a detect pot.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You will see them through invisibility just like when you use a detect pot.

Wow, that's pretty useful then.

• uFuqinwitme
    uFuqinwitme
    ✭✭✭

It does pop people from stealth. You have to be very on top of them, which is hard with lag, to see them. You will see them through sneak and through invisibility just like when you use a detect pot.

Does this only happen in BGs/with a certain set? I just tested it with 2 Bosmers 1 medium armor 1 light, and you can cloak on top of eachother and not get spotted without Magelight/Hunter. I assumed invis from pots was the same as cloaking?
    Edited by uFuqinwitme on March 2, 2019 10:53AM
    Al Mualim: Before you go, I have a question for you.
    Altaïr: Of course.
    Al Mualim: What is the truth?
    Altaïr: We place faith in ourselves. We see the world the way it really is, and hope that one day all mankind might see the same.
    Al Mualim: What is the world then?
    Altaïr: An illusion. One which we can either submit to, as most do, or transcend.
    Al Mualim: What is it to transcend?
    Altaïr: To recognize nothing is true and everything is permitted. That laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I understand now that our Creed does not command us to be free. It commands us to be wise.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's some interesting info in this thread.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/461642/are-all-the-nightblades-aware-that-woodelfs-can-see-through-their-cloak

There seems to be a lot of weirdness and inconsistency with stealth detection.

Edited by anadandy on March 2, 2019 2:19PM
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's buggier than week old dog poo.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.