The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Silence

ezio45
ezio45
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Why does silence from negate only effect magic users? it does nothing to stam, they can stay in it all day, no problems.

it should effect stam, there is no reason why it should effect just mag and not stam or tanks

*dont nerf negate btw, sorc deserves at least one useful ult, even it its only for pvp*
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically, Spells have to be Spoken to Cast them. So Silence stops that (does Silence also stop the attribute pool from being used up?)

So do Stamina Skills have the same issue?

Edited by Nestor on February 28, 2019 9:42PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina is the counterplay to Negate. Negate lets you cut off all magicka abilities, but especially heals under the effect, leaving stamina heals like Vigor to be the only available response.

Now, stam players can stand and fight In guard-thrown Negates, but most players use the Suppression Field morph, which deals damage as well. So even stam players get out of it as quickly as possible.

Negate and Suppression Field are powerful tools that, when used appropriately, can fully shut down all magicka builds on a choke point. That's the vast majority of dedicated heals in the game.

I could see asking for an ultimate that shuts down stam users in the same way.

I could see asking ZOS to upgrade NPCs to use Supression Field (extra punishment for mag builds, but at least stamina can't stand in it.)

But I really don't think Negate needs a buff to shut down Stamina on top of shutting down Magicka.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like there to be a DIFFERENT ultimate that is a stam negate. I've seen that offered up as a way to buff one of the stationary ults that doesn't get a lot of love, and I could get behind it.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know Stam users use some abilities that cost magic, right? Mostly defensive or shielding or cloak or the like.

Also some pve Sorc healers use negate in some fights.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Technically, Spells have to be Spoken to Cast them. So Silence stops that (does Silence also stop the attribute pool from being used up?)

So do Stamina Skills have the same issue?

This would be the issue. Staff HAs can still occur since that seems to be more of a weapon attribute.

iirc, stam has some skills what will not perform if silenced, Vigor comes to mind. Not sure if that has changed.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like being a stamina DD while fighting the first boss on MHK. How else would a melee DD even touch that gal if we have to stand 5 meters away from it? What if all three bosses had something like this? TBH melee mag DDs have it bad there for sure. Ranged mag DDs which are the majority can just skidaddle out of it and it's business as usual.

Silence does just that, silences you and stops you from yelling abracadabra at the enemy. It doesn't stop you from stabbing them in the kidneys with a kitchen knife.

As for something that negates an area for stamina users, AoE does that. It doesn't stop players from using abilities but since they have to get out of there or die horribly, it kind of does the trick.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like there to be a DIFFERENT ultimate that is a stam negate. I've seen that offered up as a way to buff one of the stationary ults that doesn't get a lot of love, and I could get behind it.

In a sense, some fights already do that. The Stone Atro in AA has a phase that requires you to block through it, which costs a fair amount of stam. While we mag dds can just block cast through it, then regain our stam before the next phase hit, this impacts a stam player's ability to sustain, since it eats up their main resource pool. It all comes out in the wash.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you are asking for a Disarm Ultimate that blocks out the use of the weapon and it's abilities, but anything not a weapon ability can still be used.

Dragon Shouts anyone?
    Edited by VaxtinTheWolf on February 28, 2019 10:51PM
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Time Stop is not an Ultimate, yet it is highly effective at shutting down stam builds.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you are asking for a Disarm Ultimate that blocks out the use of the weapon and it's abilities, but anything not a weapon ability can still be used.

Dragon Shouts anyone?

Ulfric Stormcloak knows the Disarm shout along with Unrelenting Force.

It took him years of studying with the Greybeards to learn it.

That being said, a non-Shout ultimate that's Disarm sounds awesome.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 1, 2019 12:53AM
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina is the counterplay to Negate. Negate lets you cut off all magicka abilities, but especially heals under the effect, leaving stamina heals like Vigor to be the only available response.

Now, stam players can stand and fight In guard-thrown Negates, but most players use the Suppression Field morph, which deals damage as well. So even stam players get out of it as quickly as possible.

Negate and Suppression Field are powerful tools that, when used appropriately, can fully shut down all magicka builds on a choke point. That's the vast majority of dedicated heals in the game.

I could see asking for an ultimate that shuts down stam users in the same way.

I could see asking ZOS to upgrade NPCs to use Supression Field (extra punishment for mag builds, but at least stamina can't stand in it.)

But I really don't think Negate needs a buff to shut down Stamina on top of shutting down Magicka.

i would be fine with that also, stam long as stam has something that shuts it down