The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please cut a few hours off weekly trial timer

Zath
Zath
✭✭✭
I'm in a couple of guilds that do regularly scheduled weekly trial runs and we've found that doing the same trial multiple weeks in a row results in many of us missing out on the reward coffer by minutes or even seconds. Say you do a guild progression run tonight at 7pm and then again at the same day/time next week. If you finish it on the same character 1 second quicker, you don't get the coffer. Simply shaving 2-4 hours off the weekly timer would resolve this so we don't have to run on a lesser alt or keep changing the schedule.

Anyone else have this problem? Seems like an easy fix... =)
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would just implement a weekly reset. Like every week after monday maintenance, trial coffers are reset. Whether you did it sunday night, last monday afternoon or thursday morning, all your coffers reset at the same time.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    I wish they would just implement a weekly reset. Like every week after monday maintenance, trial coffers are reset. Whether you did it sunday night, last monday afternoon or thursday morning, all your coffers reset at the same time.

This
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned EVERYTHING should reset in one of 2 ways:

1/ At midnight once a day / week for everybody simultaneously, for all things this applies to.
    Writs are a good example of this done right.

2/ 20 hours (a day less slack) / 160 hours (a week less slack) after the character did it last.
    mount training is an example of this done right.

Either method works, I don't care which activities use which option, only that its logical, consistent and doesn't screw people over for having a regular schedule.

The expression "Keep It Simple Stupid" applies here.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is wrong with chaning it to
    06:00 UTC Tuesday

and not having to do anything more that a time check, instead of the current system of tracking every player... (but this change is too simple for ZOS, and would decrease the number of dbase read/write in doing so)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

+1
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    our guild has the same issue. make it 6 days like other established more difficult mmos do please.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been an issue for years, made worse by successive in-game events with confusing timers. I made a poll recently where people overwhelmingly voted that they'd like to see reset timers standardised, but there was no reaction from ZOS. Maybe if the crown store were involved, somehow...
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so much this.

and seriously, wouldn't it actualy make it easier for database?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plz don’t zos’s garbage reletive time codes is horrible. Who can possibly track coffer and stuff. Honestly I hope zos make every daily thing reset at 0:00 UTC and every weekly thing reset at monday 0:00 UTC.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Better suggestion is all weeklies reset at the same time on a given day. The logical time would be sometime between the end of leaderboards Sunday night NA and start of the new learderboards Monday morning NA.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support both suggestions made, they are very good.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!