The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

How do I go about repopulating the Hollow City?

Diabolus1989
Diabolus1989
✭✭✭
I simply want a few of the services to be up and running so I can enter the buildings and craft there. The wikis mention rescuing random citizens from the wilderness to do this.

That's fine, but do I need to be at a certain point in the main quest? Or can I simply teleport to Coldharbour and start rescuing citizens?
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if the quests will be open if you just port to a friend there. Normally cold harbour unlocks after you finish your alliance quest line. Did you meet the "caretaker?"
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
    Options
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the guildhouses and the traders will be aviable after doing the Tower and the Orrery
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Until you get to a certain point in the one main quest, there aren't any citizens in the area to be rescued.

After you get to that point in the main quest, you sort of create the issue of citizens needing rescued....
    Options
  • UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    Best option if to rescue everyone in coldharbour. The more ppl u will help, the more citizens will be there.
    Like said above, start with main (far east and far west).
    <PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
    Options
  • Erris
    Erris
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, do all the quests. Coldharbour is really interesting in that it's the only zone that lets you see the city come alive as you rescue people! I used to dislike it, but I think it's my favorite zone now because it feels like I'm actually accomplishing something rather than just mindlessly questing. After you rescue everyone, the final attack is easier, too. All those people will stand by you and help fight alongside you!

If you need crafting, you can always just take a wayshrine to somewhere else until you unlock all vendors there.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I simply want a few of the services to be up and running so I can enter the buildings and craft there. The wikis mention rescuing random citizens from the wilderness to do this.

That's fine, but do I need to be at a certain point in the main quest? Or can I simply teleport to Coldharbour and start rescuing citizens?
    You get the quest when you go to coldharbour from stirk, and fist meet the groundskeeper. "Rescue the ayleid king, the great mage and restore the city", all part of the coldharbour main questline.

Also, you can either just rescue random citizens, or complete overland quests (most of which are about rescuing people caught up in coldharbour anyhow - and much easier to find then the random "rescue" encounters!).
    There is no progress tracker, but... last time I did what... do two dwelves, three quests and some random encounter rescues for the city to go active? About that.
    Options
  • Hand_Bacon
    Hand_Bacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...your parents should have explained this.

/rimshot
    #AlmostGood@ESO
    Options
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From UESP Online:The Hollow City
    Buildings
    • The Fighters Guildhall opens up when you rescue King Laloriaran Dynar.
    • The Mages Guildhall opens up when you rescue Vanus Galerion.
    • The shops and services all open up once the objective Restore the Hollow City is complete. This usually happens after rescuing around thirteen people[verification needed] through side quests and from the wilderness of Coldharbour.
    • The homes open up as and when the related characters move in to them, as detailed below.
    Edited by Number_51 on February 28, 2019 3:07PM
    Options
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Populating with quests seem a intresting
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
    Options