The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Do poeple buy low level crafted sets ?

david_m_18b16_ESO
david_m_18b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi Im a fresh lvl 50 (only 90CP) and I have a hard time earning any money. Since my main can do 6-7 traits stuff I was woundering if crafting low level stuff could earn some profit. maybe lvl 10 or 20 ?

Are people buying such a thing or is leveling so fast nowadays it just an empty cause ?

• voldran
    voldran
    ✭✭
    They ask someone from their guild to craft or they can do it. I think it is not profitable apart from the training gears ... maybe.
    Sotha PC EU
    Dravron Stormwing - MagSorc || Voldros Nightwing - MagBlade || Zorvo Morningstar - MagPlar || Dracos Nightwing - Mag/Stam DK
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    voldran wrote: »
    They ask someone from their guild to craft or they can do it. I think it is not profitable apart from the training gears ... maybe.

That's pretty much what I tought and the reason why I haven't spent money crafting blue stuff low lvl yet...

How can I get some gold ? I'd like to be able to buy some motifs and recips. My craftings are at rank 7 so farming the nods seems like a very slow way to earn money beside maybe jewelry mats.
    Is it bether by rank 10 ?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    voldran wrote: »

That's pretty much what I tought and the reason why I haven't spent money crafting blue stuff low lvl yet...

How can I get some gold ? I'd like to be able to buy some motifs and recips. My craftings are at rank 7 so farming the nods seems like a very slow way to earn money beside maybe jewelry mats.
    Is it bether by rank 10 ?

I would still say farming is the fastest way, as long as you have all of your passives in the extraction, so that you have the best chance of getting gold improvement materials. Pick up all the nodes, refine them, and sell in guild stores. Farming the East side of Bleakrock is full of materials at your level. If you can get your crafting skills up to max level AND up to CP160, you'll get all max level materials which sell for more (in general) as people use them for their own writs.
    Edited by tmbrinks on February 27, 2019 5:05PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I paid 50k for purple juli training gear, dunno if others do or not tho
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legerdemain is a way to Mint Gold. The ships in the Daggerfall Harbor near the wayshrine or almost all of Orsinium is full of lootable containers with little to no NPC over site. Steal and Fence.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Consider farming mats; sell the raw mats, or refine and sell the tempers and refined mats. Pick flowers; there are always people looking for some of the flowers for alchemy. When you get 200 gold for one flower, the time vs. results isn't too bad. Pick up "trash" other considerate players leave in nodes; a few days ago worms for bait were going for 20 gold each. Do writs with your crafter. Not only do you get gold as a reward for turning in writ items, you get mats, tempers, recipes and stuff you can sell or decon for the mats/tempers that you can sell. And, as Nestor said, there is always stealing to boost your earnings, as long as you don't constantly get caught......
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with lower level sets is that the character grows out of them. My latest has been using the hand-me-down set of Hunding's (purple, all training) for 15 levels, and it's now little better than being naked. It will get stashed away in a storage chest soon, for the next alt that grows into it, but not sold.

The same chest has a similar level set of Julianos for the magicka characters, but I'm not building one of those right now.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are in a guild with a trader look into making white level items with the various traits out of low level materials. While they don't go for a lot of gold players will buy them for research. Ranges I've seen are usually between a couple of thousand for armor to 12 - 15 thousand for weapons. Not a lot but it adds up over time.

As stated Legerdemain is a good way to get gold. Not only do you get gold from selling to the Fences but you will pick up crafting recipes and occasionally furniture. The recipes are good for learning new crafting skills and you can sell any duplicates. The same goes for furniture.

When you are in the open world look for chests. These will contain gold, gear and potentially treasure maps. Treasure maps lead to treasure chests with the same type of items. If you have ESO+ or bought the Thieves Guild DLC you also gain access to Thieves Troves. Again these contain gold and other items that can help you get more gold. Deconstruct the gear and sell the materials.