Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Trading, selling, and COD fee - Asking advise

Seroczynski
Seroczynski
✭✭✭
I often use Zone chat to sell Blacksmithing Materials I no longer use. When I do, I say:
"WTS 100x [Ingot] 1000g"

People then ask me to COD mail it to them. I tell them I charge an additional 100g to cover the COD fee. I sometimes get people who are upset that I do so, and I'd like to know what the standard is.

Option A: I should include the COD fee in the asking price and be done with it.
Option B: I should not include the COD fee and sell it for 1000g if I meet up with people, and charge 100g when send over COD.
“To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....there's a COD fee?
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    If you're advertising 1000g then I'd sell it for 1000g. That's just me though.

Cas

P.S. Is 100g really the CoD fee?? :(
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Castielle wrote: »
    P.S. Is 100g really the CoD fee?? :(
    Yes, the fee is a percentage or proportion of the C.O.D. amount. If I were to sell something for triple the amount of gold the fee would be a lot higher.

“To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • Bweefk
    Bweefk
    ✭✭
    this has been the best MMO I've played in a while but they dropped the ball on the AH.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always include the CoD fee in the price I'm advertising the item at. That way the worst that happens is it comes out cheaper than the player expected (if that player was expecting to pay additional for CoD).
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Bweefk wrote: »
    this has been the best MMO I've played in a while but they dropped the ball on the AH.
    Join a large guild and use the Guild Store. I am certain they will improve the functionality of the store so that you won't need an actual Action House.

• Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    how long does it take to get the money for the COD?
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    NM, took 10 minutes
  • Abusabus
    Abusabus
    I split the cod fee with the buyer. But when they request it I make it clear ahead of time.
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    well yes you should say what the price to them is, including postage. The price is 1100 not 1000. it doesnt matter what you are making in the end but clarity for what the customer is paying. The other way is like selling someone a movie ticket but when they arrive to pick it up saying "sorry didnt we not mention there was a 10% over counter fee to give it to you.

As with real life, clarity and being upfront with customers means they will be happy and come back, make things complicated they wont.

• Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    well yes you should say what the price to them is, including postage. The price is 1100 not 1000. it doesnt matter what you are making in the end but clarity for what the customer is paying. The other way is like selling someone a movie ticket but when they arrive to pick it up saying "sorry didnt we not mention there was a 10% over counter fee to give it to you.

As with real life, clarity and being upfront with customers means they will be happy and come back, make things complicated they wont.
    I often sell things IRL though sites like eBay and such, and there it's common the shipping rate is getting added to the amount of money being paid for the product. I think I might have taken that way of thinking into ESO while I shouldn't.

Thanks for all your input guys. Guess I might as well work with one price from now on,