Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Level Caps No Gold

Seravi
Seravi
✭✭✭✭✭
After the last update I started two new characters and I am noticing something weird. In Stros M'kai I turned level 10 and after the level up I no longer receive gold killing bandits. I just started a new character for another faction and in The Wailing Prison I turned level 4 and after that I no longer receive gold killing atronachs or undead. I was helping new players on Stros M'kai to clear out goblins and bandits and started noticing after the level up I didn't get anything killing them, no gold or items. Is there some level cap in certain areas of the game? It's no big deal just wondering if this is a bug or not since this is the first time I am at level 10.
  • Holmes
    Holmes
    ✭✭
    It's not a bug. It's just a cap to stop you from farming low level mobs for free stuff. After you reach a certain level, you no longer gain any more exp or loot from mobs that are too far under you.

Source: personal experience.
  • Killum
    Killum
    ✭✭✭
    Could well be a lvl cap. I have only reached lvl 7 in those areas so I haven't noticed it. The reason might be to discourage and stop gold farming. This seems to be the most likely reason to me.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I kind of figured that was the reason. I don't mind the cap as I wasn't doing it to farm. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have a buggy character. :) I still help folks without the gold.
  • Rage_Frost
    Rage_Frost
    ✭✭✭
    I have some real problems with this type of thing. First Off I LOVE Crafting... I have been able to farm mats from just about any game I have played in.

So I am level 26 I went to some low level areas to farm mats for leather working and guess what they no longer drop.... Why is this when I can go to the low level area and farm Wood... Ore... Plants... Chest!!! "that has low level loot in them"... Runes... anything that doesn't require me to kill it! But hold on if I need to kill something to get leather lets say or scraps well you are just SOL. Not Cool...

Now my 2nd thing is since I have hit LVL 26 and I was waiting to do the dungeons till I am more then the Min level needed for the dungeon. But guess what I can not do them with the Dungeon Finder Tool? I now have option to run the Dungeons that are Level 28 to 30... What happen to the 22-25 or so level ones Gone no option nothing. Oh and if you want to farm that low level Dungeon well guess what you can loot the heavy sacks the chest for loot... But no loot for kills... Um no sense at all on this one..

Please Rethink this and do the right thing.
    Take it as a view as your playing and you hit max level to find out you can no longer loot 95% of the game.
    Fun Factor ZERO...
  • hilelorangutan
    Rage_Frost wrote: »
    So I am level 26 I went to some low level areas to farm mats for leather working and guess what they no longer drop.... Why is this when I can go to the low level area and farm Wood... Ore... Plants... Chest!!! "that has low level loot in them"... Runes... anything that doesn't require me to kill it! But hold on if I need to kill something to get leather lets say or scraps well you are just SOL. Not Cool...

So @Rage_Frost‌ I think this makes sense in a way, because I personally dislike when I'm low level and I can't progress in a zone because high level farmers are busy clearing it. Yeah you can still take the nodes but it really lowers your payload by taking monster loot out of the equation, so hopefully that will discourage farmers somewhat.

But then take into account the shared bank, and honestly this probably isn't going to do much. People will just create a new character, clear a zone until they hit the max level, move all their loot to the group bank and then just delete/create a new character.

So yeah, I'm wondering ultimately how much good that is going to do.