The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer PVP Wrathstone

ruikkarikun
ruikkarikun
✭✭✭✭✭
What will be best setup now for mag sorcerer and what changes do you expect?
Shackle/Lich/Skeleton still can be an option?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On console, so it won't effect me yet. But, I don't see anything really changing from Murkmire. And if you are running Altmer, you gain some bonus stam regen. Mostly, for mag sorc, the racial changes are almost all positive. Dunmer and Altmer spell damage bonuses will now scale and effect healing power as well, when the % frost/fire/shock damage did not. Plus, the flat spell damage from those classes will provide more damage for skills like curse and frags, since the original passives only impacted elemental damage. So overall, if you were Altmer or Dunmer, you are gaining damage and better stamina sustain.

As far as sets are concerned, whatever worked in Murkmire should work here. If you were running shackle/lich/skeleton, you won't see much of a difference. What it does mean is if you were running a high damage build, you should see a slight boost to that damage.
    Options
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    On console, so it won't effect me yet. But, I don't see anything really changing from Murkmire. And if you are running Altmer, you gain some bonus stam regen. Mostly, for mag sorc, the racial changes are almost all positive. Dunmer and Altmer spell damage bonuses will now scale and effect healing power as well, when the % frost/fire/shock damage did not. Plus, the flat spell damage from those classes will provide more damage for skills like curse and frags, since the original passives only impacted elemental damage. So overall, if you were Altmer or Dunmer, you are gaining damage and better stamina sustain.

As far as sets are concerned, whatever worked in Murkmire should work here. If you were running shackle/lich/skeleton, you won't see much of a difference. What it does mean is if you were running a high damage build, you should see a slight boost to that damage.

In char tooltips I see i lost ~1.2k magicka and my shieleds also lost like ~1k. But it is with witchmother food. I saw guides where people recommended to use tri-stat food. But with tri-stat food sometimes I feel magicka recovery is not so "good", but it's maybe because of my hands:)
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the right recovery, you can afford to lose a bit of max magicka. Tri stat food is great for stamina, but in order to run it effectively you need to sacrifice a bit of damage for sustain. Running witchmothers means you lose a bit of maneuverability for sustain and damage. I run both and switch out depending on the situation.
    Options
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll still be running necro and seducer :blush:
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember, the 20 percent CP bonus now applies to five piece set bonuses. So sets like necropotence and shacklebreaker just got a lot better for sorcerers.

Now that the 20 percent CP bonus applies to food as well, sorcerers have more health, which raises the shield cap higher without requiring as much investment in health lines and tristat glyphs.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Redguard Sorc
    5 alteration main bar
    5 eye of mars backbar (restro staff)
    Masters lighting or flame main bar
    Monster sets can be whatever

Congrats on 2k magicka recovery
    Great stamina and stamina recovery
    1500 cost spammable cc
    And a backbar 74 cost restro ult
    Options
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    For No CP i run necro, bright throats and slimecraw with 3 blood thirst jewels.

Atro mundus and tri stat drink (infusion something or rather)

I have found alot of success with this setup. Solid magicka pool for shields and plenty of sustain.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About a month ago, I gave up on trying to play a tanky magsorc with Armor Master. Switched to regen/damage with Spinners, Bright Throat, and Slimecraw. With two recovery glyphs, I get 2.5K recovery on the front bar. And I run Barrier on the back bar so I get up to 3K recovery when I bar swap. It is incredibly useful. I can spam shields almost indefinitely if needed, and after streaking away, my bar refills very quickly. It is so much more effective that I ever found Lich.

Pre-Wrathstone I am at 40K mag and 19K health in Cyrodil. I expect both of those numbers to rise a bit with the CP modifier change. My buffed spell damage is only 2.3K, but with the updated Altmer spell damage passive, that damage is going to increase significantly. Really looking forward to this build in Wrathstone.
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Magicka Redguard Sorc
    5 alteration main bar

1500 cost spammable cc

And garbage damage
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Redguard Sorc
    5 alteration main bar

1500 cost spammable cc

And garbage damage

Didn’t have any issue with the damage.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Redguard Sorc
    5 alteration main bar

1500 cost spammable cc

And garbage damage

Then you need to meet some players that have some.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Magicka Redguard Sorc
    5 alteration main bar

1500 cost spammable cc

And garbage damage

Lets do a test, you list your build and i'll look at its effective spellpower

Options
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember, the 20 percent CP bonus now applies to five piece set bonuses. So sets like necropotence and shacklebreaker just got a lot better for sorcerers.

Now that the 20 percent CP bonus applies to food as well, sorcerers have more health, which raises the shield cap higher without requiring as much investment in health lines and tristat glyphs.

I saw this mentioned in passing earlier. I didn't see this in the patch notes. How does it work?
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Redguard Sorc
    5 alteration main bar

1500 cost spammable cc

And garbage damage

Who me? I'm running sloads because someone said it was good. That and all green gear that I picked up on the main quest. No enchants.

I chase people and light attack them, then send rage tells when I die and report them for cheating.
    Obviously I'm so good that I need to share my opinion and builds here so the devs make the game easier for me.

:trollface::lol:
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still like my tanky, non-pet setup:
    - Shackle
    - Armor Master
    - Chudan
    - Master Firestaff

My glyphs are stam regen x1 and mag regen x2, since I'm built for BGs mostly. For reference I run Dark Conversion, Power Surge, Tripots and I'm an Altmer.

Dmg: On the low side. I tend to record ~200k less dmg in a BG compared to v.good magsorcs that have more offensive sets. So when such magsorcs puts 1m-1.1m dmg, I'll be in the 800k-900k range. Talking about single target builds, not the Blockade and Familiar AoE builds that have high total dmg but low burst. It's still respectable in my eyes and a trade off I'm happy to make atm, till I get bored of it at least.
    Survivability: Obviously higher than normal, I'll usually record 2-3 less deaths on avg compared to other magsorcs due to tankiness pulling me out of hairy situations.
    Sustain Very good. I got 2.1k mag regen in City in Rawl Ka and 1.1k stam regen. That's without pots and any Cyro bonuses

Overall, it's a good set up for BGs and also quite nice for solo play in Cyro. You can survive long and you can also find a squishy to focus on. You don't need that much tankiness when in a group though. Also it's an utterly useless build for BGs since you lack dmg to kill anyone competent. But anyway for duels you either go pets or you go home and I hate poets so I stay at home mostly.

Also, this a newb-friendly build. You wanna get into open-world/BGs with MagSorc and learn to kite with a forgiving build, this could be the one for you. You'll need to learn it well to secure kills though, due to the low damage output.
    Edited by Maulkin on February 27, 2019 11:03AM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »

I saw this mentioned in passing earlier. I didn't see this in the patch notes. How does it work?

Second post here explains it pretty well:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5853934#Comment_5853934
    Edited by Minalan on February 27, 2019 5:16PM
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Redguard Sorc
    5 alteration main bar

1500 cost spammable cc

And garbage damage

Anytime you want to duel.
    PS you get DQd for standing there spamming heals and resto ult and doing 0 dmg, aka prolonging the fight

Shadowrend/necro/spell strat/masters inferno front, spell strat back

And my other sorc: necro/chudan/lich frost back, master inferno front
    Edited by Malamar1229 on February 28, 2019 11:14PM
    Options
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your answers:)
    Glad to see we have some options.
    Options
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, why frost? Can you tell more details :D
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, why frost? Can you tell more details :D

You can Magicka block with frost, heavy attacks proc a small shield which inherits your armor and
    Frost attacks will apply minor maim.

You can also back bar elemental drain, ice wall, or ice reach since you're double destro staff, the latter two are cancer in PVP. You don't need a resto heal since matriarch is enough healing.

Some people hate pets though (including me) and I can't blame them. Pets are slow, siege red-circle seeking missiles with poor AI that die stupid and often, leaving you at a significant disadvantage right when you need them most.
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He addressed me Minalan. Shut your yap :)

Hes right though, I run matriarch open world so no need for a resto staff. Can slot temporal guard as your ultimate for another 8% dmg reduction over lights champion.

Matter of preference, I like double destro so I have bar options and a block option, as Minalan said.
    Options
  • alexj4596b14_ESO
    alexj4596b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone thought of running Spell Strategist/Torugs Pack with infused staff front/back bar? With lighting and weapon damage as enchanments?
    Options
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might of the lost legion and elegance:)
    Options