Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS Brings Love to PvP: Releases New Siege Simulator To Use In Between Horse Simulator

TBois
TBois
✭✭✭✭✭
In an effort to show the pvp player base that ZOS cares about them, ZOS released a new state of the art siege simulator to compliment Cyrodiil's greatest feature, horse simulator. With a tried and true, exciting point and click gameplay you can have loads of fun blowing people up in 3 seconds. Want to take a keep? You will now have to break down multiple walls, again taking advantage of this exhilarating system! ZOS also added new features including dodge rolling to avoid siege damage ticks. If you are a magicka character, don't worry. They have you covered too. Their new racial changes allow for better off stat regen. So just make sure you have enough stam to dodge three times.

In all seriousness, most of us have continued to play through horrible performance because of the unique combat system in an open world, unpredictable environment. Please don't turn this into horse and siege simulator. If you do want siege to have more of an impact, take time to make sieging more interesting. Fold in some combat aspects so we can use our characters. Make siege have varying damage depending on conditions or timing or some more intricate system. Don't just roll back a change you had made in the past and increase siege damage a ton.
Current Guilds: Fantasia
Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This never would’ve happened if we had faction locks.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

or if they banned all the cheaters that are constantly killing me

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭

Better yet, a PVE version of Cyrodill!
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odysseus87 wrote: »

idk that probably would have led to what we have for quicker farming

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We already have that during non peak hours, maybe this will help against that...? We will see if it has any impact for smaller groups defending keeps against larger groups when one color dominates, could be interesting.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically agree with OP

This is annoying as hell

Stop doing changes like that ZOS, this is the kind of things that kill an update
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

We already have that during non peak hours, maybe this will help against that...? We will see if it has any impact for smaller groups defending keeps against larger groups when one color dominates, could be interesting.

And its impact on smaller groups trying to take back a one color map

PC/NA

Youtube
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think AD are disadvantaged because there are less spots to siege in AD keeps.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag has gone way down :) . I can fight a battle again. All I need is the ability to stay out of the red circles, the most basic and often stated #1 rule to PvE raiding. They should scale back the damage on ballistas though. They have a quick flat trajectory and are meant to knock out siege and take up less room. Oil catapult should be doing the damage ballistas do.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruckly wrote: »
    Lag has gone way down :) . I can fight a battle again. All I need is the ability to stay out of the red circles, the most basic and often stated #1 rule to PvE raiding. They should scale back the damage on ballistas though. They have a quick flat trajectory and are meant to knock out siege and take up less room. Oil catapult should be doing the damage ballistas do.

We don’t even know for sure this is the siege power. Populations have been generally lower becuse it’s a new patch and people are also running new dungeons and figuring out their builds, lots of people are also not playing because of siege strength and performance in general is usually better after a patch. I wouldn’t equate this to lower lag. I’m find with stronger siege but leaving it like this would be a mistake. It also makes rams a non option.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

We don’t even know for sure this is the siege power. Populations have been generally lower becuse it’s a new patch and people are also running new dungeons and figuring out their builds, lots of people are also not playing because of siege strength and performance in general is usually better after a patch. I wouldn’t equate this to lower lag. I’m find with stronger siege but leaving it like this would be a mistake. It also makes rams a non option.

After murkmire lag went way up. Usually lag goes up after a patch not down. Vivec was triple locked and lag was down. There were people running in blobs but not as effectively. No disconnect on approach. Only problem I see is ballistas because of their trajectory. You can drop a ballista any wheres and rifle someone with the current damage.

I'm going to milk it while it lasts. If ballista damage drops and people learn how to roll a flank you might actually having something other than straight line lag bombing.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »

In all seriousness, most of us have continued to play through horrible performance because of the unique combat system in an open world, unpredictable environment. Please don't turn this into horse and siege simulator. If you do want siege to have more of an impact, take time to make sieging more interesting. Fold in some combat aspects so we can use our characters. Make siege have varying damage depending on conditions or timing or some more intricate system. Don't just roll back a change you had made in the past and increase siege damage a ton.

I'm good with sieges being crafted (as an example), adds more things to do in Cyrodiil. But that's the key, as long as it create an environment where fights would occur naturally.

Or siege only having a number of uses instead of an energy bar. Can be the reintroduction of the Cyrodiil economy like it was before guild traders.

But it needs to remain a threat, not just the tickles it became.

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. Gameplay has changed a bit so its time to change your strategy a bit. No more ignoring siege damage while in a zerg group.
    Only balistas are an issue.
  • Squeaky_Clean
    Squeaky_Clean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want .. Siege-Horses .. I want to fire Cold Fire ballistas from the back of my horse .. best of both worlds!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag had generally been better on PC/NA/Vivec this weekend so far. Well, until a certain EP ball group thought it would be funny to trigger mass disconnects, broken bar swaps and horrible lag by needlessly stacking at a location that was already laggy and had probably over 100 players present for no good reason -- no enemy scrolls, no emp.

It was so good, I couldn't pull myself away for like a 15 hour play session. I guess I needed to log off anyway. Thanks S_B! I can't wait to hear the outrageous laughter about it in your next video!
    Edited by zyk on March 3, 2019 2:19AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the tiitle wrong. I would love to be able to seige my own or other players houses