The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO Plus Rewards. Not what I expected.

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
I was hoping for something like the old loyalty reward system
3 months pet etc.

Instead we got statuettes and a costume? Yes there's a sale for certain items but most of them are just Swamp Jellies at this point

Edit: I'm not complaining that much. Just seems a bit unnecessary I want a ESO plus dwemer sphere >:(
Edited by MagicalLija on February 22, 2019 1:34PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni: Thanks for your subscription to ESO+. Here’s your monthly allotment of crowns to buy whatever you want from the crown store. You also get free access to all DLC content and increase your gold and xp earned. Don’t forget about your unlimited crafting bag, double bank space, double housing ite, limit, and the ability to dye costumes!

ESO player: *pouts* I want more free stuff

Zeni: ok, we’ll give you a bonus free item each month

ESO player: *stamps foot* No! I want better free stuff!!
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe everything we get from ESO+ comes with our monthly subscription payment around $15. So I don't think free access to all DLC is correct as we are paying for that. I think all that I get for my membership is great that's why I pay for it. My 1,600 crowns or so a month can get me whatever I want if I save for a few months.
    Now I think most everyone did not expect to receive a statue every month if your being honest... And trying to rip apart someones discussion because he would like to see a variety of items is just, well..........
    I think the statues are killa and I love the housing part of the game but eventually with everything it just becomes not so exciting anymore. Its great to receive something free on top of my membership I pay for but it would also be cool to not know what it was going to be each time.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Zeni: Thanks for your subscription to ESO+. Here’s your monthly allotment of crowns to buy whatever you want from the crown store. You also get free access to all DLC content and increase your gold and xp earned. Don’t forget about your unlimited crafting bag, double bank space, double housing ite, limit, and the ability to dye costumes!

This is inaccurate, the daily login rewards are sad almost no point in having them. It's all just crown items, while it seems all good to you to get "free" things what good is it if its worst then the actual stuff in the game. I would rather want 200 rubedo leather for a daily reward, 20k telvar at the end of a week, or a choice between 8 Gold upgrade materials. Something that actually helps me in game. Why would I take food if I have better food in my inventory or could buy better food a stack of 50 mind you for 3k gold? It's not that we don't enjoy free things it's that again ZOS put no effort in it what so ever, just thought of things they could stuff in there. 500 gold for a login reward seriously...
    Also the crown store "exclusive" items are ridiculous. 1500 crowns for a costume, "so I paid $15 for eso plus, and spent my free crowns so I have to pay EVEN more just to get something eso plus only." Meaning if they made something that was 2,000 crowns Eso plus exclusive I'd have to sub for $15 AND then buy more freaking crowns?
    Edited by Zelos on February 23, 2019 12:31AM
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »

This is inaccurate, the daily login rewards are sad almost no point in having them. It's all just crown items, while it seems all good to you to get "free" things what good is it if its worst then the actual stuff in the game. I would rather want 200 rubedo leather for a daily reward, 20k telvar at the end of a week, or a choice between 8 Gold upgrade materials. Something that actually helps me in game. Why would I take food if I have better food in my inventory or could buy better food a stack of 50 mind you for 3k gold? It's not that we don't enjoy free things it's that again ZOS put no effort in it what so ever, just thought of things they could stuff in there. 500 gold for a login reward seriously...
    Also the crown store "exclusive" items are ridiculous. 1500 crowns for a costume, "so I paid $15 for eso plus, and spent my free crowns so I have to pay EVEN more just to get something eso plus only." Meaning if they made something that was 2,000 crowns Eso plus exclusive I'd have to sub for $15 AND then buy more freaking crowns?

What are you on about? I never once mentioned login rewards. In fact, no one here is talking about login rewards except you.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    This is inaccurate, the daily login rewards are sad almost no point in having them. It's all just crown items, while it seems all good to you to get "free" things what good is it if its worst then the actual stuff in the game.

Sort of off topic, since daily rewards are not an ESO Plus benefit. Still, the daily rewards serve their purpose. They provide a stop when you log in the first time each "day" so that you see the Crown Store panels that you might have missed from the launcher. They provide you with a small reward, mainly currency and consumable items, which are both helpful to newer players and show case some of the stuff in the Crown Store. They provide one or two higher end items, like costumes or pets, for players that are logging in most days of the month.

Honestly, I am sort of glad that they have taken a break from the larger prizes, like free DLC and lots of gold, although I am sure stuff like that will come up again. I don't like feeling pressured to log in on their schedule because they are giving away some special item. Even if I log in every calendar day, it might not be every daily reward day.

It's an offer. You can take it, or not. Most times, I don't bother, other than the free statuette. I am sure that other people welcome the discount.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

“‘Free’ access to all DLC content” lol
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR4GONFL1 wrote: »
    I believe everything we get from ESO+ comes with our monthly subscription payment around $15. So I don't think free access to all DLC is correct as we are paying for that. I think all that I get for my membership is great that's why I pay for it. My 1,600 crowns or so a month can get me whatever I want if I save for a few months.
    Now I think most everyone did not expect to receive a statue every month if your being honest... And trying to rip apart someones discussion because he would like to see a variety of items is just, well..........
    I think the statues are killa and I love the housing part of the game but eventually with everything it just becomes not so exciting anymore. Its great to receive something free on top of my membership I pay for but it would also be cool to not know what it was going to be each time.

No matter what way you look at it, ESO+ gives lots of free stuff. 15$ for 1600 crowns basically means everything else is basically free comparing it to what someone just buying the crowns gets
  • GraphicArtistYT
    GraphicArtistYT
    ✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    I was hoping for something like the old loyalty reward system
    3 months pet etc.

Instead we got statuettes and a costume? Yes there's a sale for certain items but most of them are just Swamp Jellies at this point

Edit: I'm not complaining that much. Just seems a bit unnecessary I want a ESO plus dwemer sphere >:(

Finally someone with sense
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I agree that some of the new benefits are underwhelming, they are appreciated. And, players had been suggesting a CS discount in their ESO Plus Ideas thread.

I think the implementation, however, is a little off. We've only really gotten a handful of "deals," the first one being 30% off of the 15 Crown Crates pack (I can't remember which season). We also got a "deal" on the return of the Barbie horse & pony (20-30% off - I don't recall since I had no interest). The special offers, on the other hand, have been nothing more than early access on items that everyone else gets later, at only 10% off.

Now, that 10% off is appreciated for the items I would have bought anyway. And the deals are welcome, though I hope we see more of them.

The free statuettes? I do really like them and am looking forward to getting more, but I do agree that it would be nice to have other items, as well. We did get a costume, so hopefully some pets/mounts/other costumes/skins/etc. will be on offer.

We do get quite a bit for our subscription, but it seems to me that all you really want is access to the discontinued loyalty rewards, which isn't likely to happen.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do people refer to ESO+ rewards as 'free' stuff?

I'm paying for it, so it is not free - and don't go telling me I'm buying crowns, so the in game stuff is free. I''m paying my sub for the in game benefits and the crowns are free - I don't need or want crowns.

For me the craft bag and double bank space are enough for me to keep subbing because I can focus more on playing the game instead of boring stuff like inventory management.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Why do people refer to ESO+ rewards as 'free' stuff?

It's not an absolute. It's a relative term indicating something added with no extra charge.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus