Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Seige damage

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't quite get the logic that one-shoting players and wrecking entire groups with a piece of inventory can be considered exciting, compelling, and interesting game-play, yet killing a player too quickly with actual abilities is bad and ruins the game.

I guess to play the devil's advocate, a siege item is stationary/immobile, and has a long time to charge up and travel making a single siege weapon avoidable af?

Is it too much of a stretch? I think so too, I got nothing. Op siege is overall unhealthy for the game due to the fact that it encourages zerging/is very difficult to counter in an actual siege setting. :shrugs:
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    even for small scale or solo players this siege is bad, say you are doing a 1v1 2v1 or whatever and suddenly you're hit by a 15-16k siege outa no where. chances are you're gona die or be close to dieing from one random shot. Before if you were hit you were still able to make it work. Siege should do a medium amount of damage to players and weaken a larger group so that a smaller scale group can move on the bigger group and destroy them. I dont think a single seige shot should drop a group down to 0-20% of their hp lol(considering most people run 25kish hp)
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    even for small scale or solo players this siege is bad, say you are doing a 1v1 2v1 or whatever and suddenly you're hit by a 15-16k siege outa no where. chances are you're gona die or be close to dieing from one random shot. Before if you were hit you were still able to make it work. Siege should do a medium amount of damage to players and weaken a larger group so that a smaller scale group can move on the bigger group and destroy them. I dont think a single seige shot should drop a group down to 0-20% of their hp lol(considering most people run 25kish hp)

Stay out of the red.
  • Pain In The Axe
    Pain In The Axe
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Stay out of the red.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    ESO STREAM TEAM MEMBER
    TWITCH PARTNER
    CERTIFIED CHAD