The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting suggestion: Naming your creations.

Pahebe
Pahebe
I haven't found any discussion about this. We all know that epic and above items like to have their names. They are kind of special after all.

I can't imagine myself at the very end wearing let's say Voidstone Greatsword of Flame that will be legendary tier. I want to name it, lets say as Hand of Talos, or differently and then wear it proudly or sell it away for lots of gold coins. Even if naming our creation would require a perk that we could unlock at lvl 50 of crafting profession it still would be geat - even greater.
  • Skeksi
    Skeksi
    ✭✭
    I like this idea, but I think it would be hard to implement in a way that didn't lead to continuous naming violations. Knowing the way people act on the internet, guild auction houses would quickly fill up with "Big Floppy Donkey ***"s and "Your Mum's ***" etc. etc.

Basically this is why we can't have nice things.