The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Really ZOS? Cutting Werewolf Stam Sustain b/c you Couldn’t Fix a Bug?

Wuuffyy
Wuuffyy
✭✭✭✭✭
Halving the passives for sus, taking 4K stam return away. Meanwhile... All my moves cost 4K plus.
Edited by Wuuffyy on February 26, 2019 1:35PM
Wuuffyy,
ESO player since 2014
-PM for questions
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well to be fair, they did say that they fixed the bug you were talking about.

"Fixed an issue where this bonus was not properly scaling with the Off Balance bonus, and it will now grant the intended return."

All they did was adjust the tooltip:

"Updated the tooltip of this passive to better reflect the actual math behind how this passive interacts with other bonuses. Previously, the values looked to be much more impactful than you actually got, so we reduced the bonus to your Heavy Attack resource restore to 25/50% at Ranks I and II respectively, down from 50/100% on the tooltip, so the actual restore matches with it."

Does it function any different than it did on live? if so that would be a new bug in and of itself
    Edited by codestripper on February 25, 2019 6:20PM
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Fixed an issue where this bonus was not properly scaling with the Off Balance bonus, and it will now grant the intended return."

"Updated the tooltip of this passive to better reflect the actual math behind how this passive interacts with other bonuses. Previously, the values looked to be much more impactful than you actually got, so we reduced the bonus to your Heavy Attack resource restore to 25/50% at Ranks I and II respectively, down from 50/100% on the tooltip, so the actual restore matches with it."

Does it function any different than it did on live? if so that would be a new bug in and of itself

Yes... you get half of the stam from heavies. This came out of nowhere because it was a bug but b/c werewolf isn’t priority it was adjusted to match the current glitched values on their tooltip. Understand?
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duplicate
    Edited by codestripper on February 25, 2019 6:34PM
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes... you get half of the stam from heavies. This came out of nowhere because it was a bug but b/c werewolf isn’t priority it was adjusted to match the current glitched values on their tooltip. Understand?

They’ve done this to many other things before and they’ve all been called out.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was getting 12k on heavies.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

apparently that is what was intended from the beginning according to a class rep.
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
    Options
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Soooo.... you wanted more than 12k Stam return from 1 single Heavy attack? WW as a DPS is all about light attack bleeds and that 1 broken set that makes lights twice as fast, if you are on about PVP, simply stop spamming attacks and defiling howls every 2 seconds
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

apparently that is what was intended from the beginning according to a class rep.

@codestripper

After re-doing my tests on Live that I can conclude a few things:

1. Only thing that is correct in the patch notes is the interaction between werewolf heavy attacks and off-balance.
    2. The rest of the writings are either very poorly written, or ZOS has no clue about what they´re doing. My guess is a bit of both to be honest.

The end result is instead of having 12k stamina return on your heavy attacks, you now have 10,5k. So in practice it´s no big deal. Just sad that ZOS can´t be clearer with their communication and clarify things instead of dropping stuff out of the blue that can be interpretended the wrong way.
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Soooo.... you wanted more than 12k Stam return from 1 single Heavy attack? WW as a DPS is all about light attack bleeds and that 1 broken set that makes lights twice as fast, if you are on about PVP, simply stop spamming attacks and defiling howls every 2 seconds

You have no idea that 5m LA spam doesn’t work in pvp do you? I don’t want more than that I want what I had which was that. It was just under the bar b/c after 2 moves and a break free, I was out of stam. Awesome.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have no idea that 5m LA spam doesn’t work in pvp do you? I don’t want more than that I want what I had which was that. It was just under the bar b/c after 2 moves and a break free, I was out of stam. Awesome.

Longest and most predictable heavy btw 2-3 seconds and it looked like I was trying to give you a giant hug.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Longest and most predictable heavy btw 2-3 seconds and it looked like I was trying to give you a giant hug.

What is your regen?
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah man WW are really hurtin rn, they’re so weak and under powered :D
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Let's justify bugs because people feel certain things are unbalanced, sounds like a nice plan.

This "bug" would be the like zos addressing the bug with nightblade shade (where you sometimes can't port to it):

"Being able to reliably port to your shade was a bug and has now been fixed'
    Developer comment = We didn't really know what caused the issue and couldn't fix it, so we said it's a bug fix and change the description of the skill to match its new features"'
    Edited by Qbiken on February 26, 2019 8:13AM
    Options
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    The handling of WW is a joke. For every fixed bug (after MONTHS of waiting), they somehow manage to create 2 more. It's disheartening really.

- now stamina restore bug
    - Mighty Chudan bug
    - resistances bug
    - sword n board bug
    - light attack broken when Dizzying Swing got broken few months ago. Has this been fixed? Landing hits with WW still seems very clunky
    - feeding and staying in form bugs

Anyone remember others? When will WW be fixed, 2022 maybe? ZOS get your act together!
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Let's justify bugs because people feel certain things are unbalanced, sounds like a nice plan.

This "bug" would be the like zos addressing the bug with nightblade shade (where you sometimes can't port to it):

Developer comment = We didn't really know what caused the issue and couldn't fix it, so we said it's a bug fix and change the description of the skill to match its new features"'

Well it is what it is, imo WWs having to focus a bit more on sustain isn’t a bad thing. I don’t “feel” they’re incredibly strong, it’s a fact. You can basically parse with LAs. In under 50 BGs they are actually god mode and I really hate that term. In regular no CP they’re still incredibly strong.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Well it is what it is, imo WWs having to focus a bit more on sustain isn’t a bad thing. I don’t “feel” they’re incredibly strong, it’s a fact. You can basically parse with LAs. In under 50 BGs they are actually god mode and I really hate that term. In regular no CP they’re still incredibly strong.

I'm not denying that a werewolf in the right hands is very strong in PvP (and below 50 is an issue mostly with the horrible battlescaling),but balancing a "sub-class" by not adressing bugs isn't the way to go imo.
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your regen?

Yep as why you see SOO many of them compared to the three archetypes of classes. Nightblades, wardens, mag dks... yep. So many wws right?
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options