Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Loot level cap

sully73
sully73
✭✭
Is there a loot level cap.
For example if I'm x levels over a mob will it stop dropping loot
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I'm not sure if anyone has confirmed exactly where that cutoff is, but it does exist.
  • sully73
    sully73
    ✭✭
    Ok wasn't sure I missed a few things in some of the lower level areas and realized I wasn't getting any drops at all

Kinda sucks for people who like to farm low level mobs for mats
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you hit 50, you can go to the lower level zones of the other alliances and still get drops.
  • sully73
    sully73
    ✭✭
    Oh cool I like to do everything so I'll wait till I hit 50 to expand my crafting then. Thanks for all the info
  • Rage_Frost
    Rage_Frost
    ✭✭✭
    I have some real problems with this type of thing. First Off I LOVE Crafting... I have been able to farm mats from just about any game I have played in.

So I am level 26 I went to some low level areas to farm mats for leather working and guess what they no longer drop.... Why is this when I can go to the low level area and farm Wood... Ore... Plants... Chest!!! "that has low level loot in them"... Runes... anything that doesn't require me to kill it! But hold on if I need to kill something to get leather lets say or scraps well you are just SOL. Not Cool...

Now my 2nd thing is since I have hit LVL 26 and I was waiting to do the dungeons till I am more then the Min level needed for the dungeon. But guess what I can not do them with the Dungeon Finder Tool? I now have option to run the Dungeons that are Level 28 to 30... What happen to the 22-25 or so level ones Gone no option nothing. Oh and if you want to farm that low level Dungeon well guess what you can loot the heavy sacks the chest for loot... But no loot for kills... Um no sense at all on this one..

Please Rethink this and do the right thing.
    Take it as a view as your playing and you hit max level to find out you can no longer loot 95% of the game.
    Fun Factor ZERO...