Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher Freezes, unable to install patch 9/4/18

Lilypix
Lilypix
Soul Shriven
Aloha,

My launcher freezes 9% into today's patch update.

Help! The same thing is happening on my PC.

Mahalo.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you've not done so, please try running a repair through your ESO launcher. If the update or repair still freezes at 9% you can also try the following.

Delete the ESO Launcher Folder

Open Finder, go to Applications, and then look for and delete the Zenimax Online folder.
    The Launcher folder will be under the main ZOS folder.

Download a new ESO Launcher

Once you have deleted the folder, download the ESO Launcher from your account management page here to reinstall it. You can do this by logging in to your account on our website and clicking the Download Game button on the page for your appropriate platform.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Lostsolz
    Lostsolz
    Soul Shriven
    Calling my internet provider C.O.X fixed the issue for me. they reset my connection from their end and forced my moden/router to update and i have had no issues since
    Edited by Lostsolz on January 6, 2019 6:49PM
  • Platemale
    Platemale
    ✭✭
    This is the 4th time it's occurred for me. Mine freezes (today) at 19%. Verizon insists it isn't their issue.
    My ONLY recourse each time has been to "cancel" the update by "Pausing" and going to the Game Options drop down menu in the launcher and choosing "Repair"....the downside is that it takes hours to redownload and install all the patches and game data. There HAS to be a better solution ZOS. This should in no way should be happening. No other games that I am aware of have this unique and horrible problem on a continued basis.
  • Sedare
    Sedare
    ✭✭✭
    I too cannot patch. Every time the launcher freezes. It's to the point I can't even repair. It verifies then doesn't download and again the launcher freezes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. I've deleted folders, etc. This has been happening since the Murkmire DLC.

It's not my provider. It COULD be Kaspersky, so if you have any settings on that, please let me know how to adjust that. However, I've used Kaspersky since before playing ESO and never had problems like this until the Fall of 2018.

Is it possible there are add-ons interfering with the patcher? I do use TTC.

This is quite infuriating and frustrating. PLEASE HELP!!!

Oh and I'm on Win 10 Pro. Running as Admin.
    Edited by Sedare on February 26, 2019 6:12AM