Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Groups & Questing?

Berlorian85
Hello all.. Uber noob here.

Just curious about a few issues me and my bro have run into while trying to quest together. Not sure if they are still bugs that weren't ironed out in Beta or some option in game we are missing, (most likely a bug) but here is the problems encountered so far.

1. Often we will get a different NPC to follow or guide to a certain spot (we each see our own npc (only visible to each player) not a common one to follow)

2. Often me or my bro will speak to a npc or someone needed for that quest and it doesn't update for the other player (we both have to complete items like 'talk to .... about where .... is located)

3. Also it does not seem to be sharing any experience properly or at all.
and can't find any options to set loot eg, (free for all, Master looter, Round robin or by Loot drop level (common, uncommon, rare......)

Thanks in Advance for any info and help
BJ
  • hilelorangutan
    Both of the first 2 you speak of is basically just the way the game is designed for solo quests. Most of the non-combat questing components are unique to yourself to avoid having glitches with npc spawns (ie player 1 prompts the mob to run across the zone, players 2-50 have to wait for the npc to come back before they can trigger the quest) mobs/combat npcs shouldn't be unique like this, if the mob dies it dies and counts for everyone.

As for #3, all loot is unique in this game, meaning what drops for you drops only for you and no one else can loot it. This takes out any necessity of having loot rules for groups. By the way, tip on this, the best loot in dungeons is typically found in chests, so make sure you are looking for all the chests in the dungeons. Overall loot just works differently in this game then in most MMOs.