Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did Everyone Go Pact?

Bridges1120
Bridges1120
✭✭
Title. Not a whine thread about zergs. It seems to be a rough couple campaigns for Covenant and Dominion anywhere but Shor going by the scoreboards, spent a few hours over the last few days and the map always seems to be red leaning. Hop on my low level and hop into Kyne? Map is red. Sotha Sil? Map is red. Tune into some streamers while I'm at work? They're AD, EP, or doing PvE. Zone chat? Usually trying to focus on avoiding EP.

Now, I've only been doing PvP in this game since Midyear Mayhem so I know I had a not-the-average launch but things didn't seem so one-sided to me then. Coming from World of Warcraft, I know there's been several times where I've seen and experienced a sort of 'brain drain' from folks going one faction for one reason or another and staying there, and I'm not "community savvy" enough yet to know if this is just the ebb and flow of things.

The long horse rides to the countryside just to either PvDoor or have my group fall apart after one bad call are souring me to Cyrodiil at the moment, which is a shame because this is (or was) probably my favorite part of ESO.

All of my characters are currently DC because I mainly play Orcs and Bretons (or Imperials) in the other Elder Scrolls games. I generally play 5-10PM EST, and fully aware I could just not be playing at "The right time" for DC. I don't really plan on being a faction swapper, I guess just seeing if I should start looking to battlegrounds for my PvP fun.
Edited by Bridges1120 on February 21, 2019 2:57PM
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wE nEeD fAcTiOn LoCk
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Sotha dc won 2 of the previous 3 by like 20k each by night capping, the last one might have been closer but they won it too..

Some people got tired of it and this is the result
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    In Sotha dc won 2 of the previous 3 by like 20k each by night capping, the last one might have been closer but they won it too..

Right, this is the cause of the huge population disparity. A small campaign dominated by night capping (which every faction does at some point or another) caused everyone to flock to EP and overpopulate every other campaign - except for the campaign that was having the problems in the first place. Makes sense.

EP has more population, especially in time zones other than US. Combine that with lots of active guilds and you have huge, unstoppable, pop-locked zergs swarming the map while other factions are at 2-3 bars. I don't blame people playing EP (except for the people who just faction swap to the current winning alliance faction) - they just want to enjoy the game, but how the game handles population disparities.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »

Right, this is the cause of the huge population disparity. A small campaign dominated by night capping (which every faction does at some point or another) caused everyone to flock to EP and overpopulate every other campaign - except for the campaign that was having the problems in the first place. Makes sense.

EP has more population, especially in time zones other than US. Combine that with lots of active guilds and you have huge, unstoppable, pop-locked zergs swarming the map while other factions are at 2-3 bars. I don't blame people playing EP (except for the people who just faction swap to the current winning alliance faction) - they just want to enjoy the game, but how the game handles population disparities.

I was only talking about Sotha..how long has it been since vivec hasn’t belonged to EP?

Don’t even bother bringing it up because it hasn’t changed, oh and the alliances take turns outnumbering the others on off hours
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems that way on xbox Eu
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People are so dumb. Now EP is zerging down Vivec and Sotha completely. They’re 20k ahead. DC wasn’t really night capping there were fights happening at those hours, EP just loses mostly. People don’t want to hear it but it’s true. Did DC need to push to tri keeps? No. But EP is acting like just as much of a bunch of wankers now. Great job, you really showed the DC zerglings who will never care anyway.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

People are so dumb. Now EP is zerging down Vivec and Sotha completely. They’re 20k ahead. DC wasn’t really night capping there were fights happening at those hours, EP just loses mostly. People don’t want to hear it but it’s true. Did DC need to push to tri keeps? No. But EP is acting like just as much of a bunch of wankers now. Great job, you really showed the DC zerglings who will never care anyway.

What goes around comes around..there’s a reason why i like Vivec, it’s usually close score wise

And steamrolling 2-4 people with 20 isn’t a fight in any campaign
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uhh yeah blood for the pact homies
    at a place nobody knows
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What goes around comes around..there’s a reason why i like Vivec, it’s usually close score wise

And steamrolling 2-4 people with 20 isn’t a fight in any campaign

No steam rolling mate. I went a few times for some Sotha off hours and it was actually some pretty good fights of around 10v10. What’s funny to me about night cap complainers is that it’s people who are never on at that time saying one or another faction is just pvdooring. Sometimes it’s true other times it’s most definitely not. It’s very possible DC did PvDoor the whole map some nights, all factions do it, and I’m not supporting the pushing of tri keeps either, something I never like to do unless populations are very even, but the times I went in there the numbers were pretty even and usually some EP or AD group was in the process of pushing DC tri keeps and we simply pushed them back. I just typically quit after we take Ales/Ash as by that many losses, whoever were fighting quits. But I can tell you I usually check the map and population caps at that time of day because it’s my afternoon and I’ve never seen anything to suggest 20 DC are rolling around. Nocturnal has maybe 8 or 10 in their group from what I’ve seen.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you have multiple scrub guilds who are openly manipulating populations, and others who are 'genius strategists' that purposely crash servers this is bound to happen.

After all some people need cheat codes even on easy mode.

Until ZOS steps in and enforces its own TOS this is not likely to get better. So all one can do is laugh at how hard these kids try to win at a video game, and keep pushing.

Needless to say this means khajiit laughs a lot.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, hello? is this skyrim online?
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, hello? is this skyrim online?

No, this is Patrick!
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was the head chef on the SS Diarrhea.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know about the motives of all who run EP. Maybe a lot of Skyrimers, maybe some just taking the easy route in numbers. What I do know is it's an uphill battle for DC outside of a few exceptions being lead by a popular streamer. But that means more real fights.

I'd be curious if faction change was a thing, if more would go to where there is almost never a queue in DC? Or would more wait in queue just to win a campaign where their contributions are from very little to completely meaningless.

Side problems are not all of DC is very welcoming. We all have our reputations as factions good and bad.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The populations have always been gamed. I hate it too.

Zos really needs to create a trully competitive 7 day campaign.

Only available from 4pm to 4am

The population is shuffled and redistributed at the start of every campaign

Your account is locked into that alliance for the duration of the campaign

At the end of every campaign the map resets

Rewards are much more unique
    Edited by Drdeath20 on February 22, 2019 4:09AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »

Which time zone?

• Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes my time of course. The only valid time.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The thread is about general population imbalance. What you are addressing is night capping. It would just limit the over population to set hours and youd probably have to have a campaign for each time range to accommodate real schedules in a global game.

I've mentioned a few times that I 5hink we need the opposite of faction lock in alliance switching per character AND dynamic faction lock but it seems unpopular and I'm not sure the devs can code it.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is winning the campaigns currently?

Vivec?
    Shor?
    Sotha?
    Kyne?
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope and never would. I still play to win the campaign. Running around and just AP farming is boring.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    Nope and never would. I still play to win the campaign. Running around and just AP farming is boring.

The 2 are not always mutually exclusive. Holding a fight at a back line keep whilst the rest of the faction push other keeps is an extremely good way to win campaigns. That is it would be if the scoring functioned correctly and didn't incentivize population inbalance
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't facepalm hard enough for this....
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Who is winning the campaigns currently?

Vivec?
    Shor?
    Sotha?
    Kyne?

EP is winning by a 2 to 1 margin less than halfway through the current Sotha campaign (pc-na). Both AD and DC were getting low score bonuses for awhile yesterday, as well as low pop for a brief window.
    Edited by Kartalin on February 22, 2019 11:27PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    Did DC need to push to tri keeps? No. But EP is acting like just as much of a bunch of wankers now.
    No DC didn't need to, but they did quite often the last few campaigns. All factions are guilty of this and it kills the fun in sotha.

I play EP only and hate logging in to see the map any 1 color.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On EU/PC/Sotha DC won last campaign and seem to be on a winning streak this campaign too.
    It comes and goes imho, AD has been on the lead a few times and EP too.

Anyone keeps a scoring card the last few years per server / platform / campaign?
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most simple answer is AD and DC is too focused on 1v1 or small group battles. I mean there are a handful on each faction that just wander the map looking for fights that fight tactically, and can't be bothered with campaign strategy. I can't speak to this on EP, but my experiences with EP is they tend to focus the objectives, and not obsessively chasing down farmers, 1vXers, and the like. Yeah you can make AP killing players, but it will not pace with the AP earned by an entire raid taking resources and keeps. It's that *** simple. If you wanna win you gotta play the game's strategy not fill your false sense of Gud with 1vXing pugs.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BoraxFlux wrote: »
    On EU/PC/Sotha DC won last campaign and seem to be on a winning streak this campaign too.
    It comes and goes imho, AD has been on the lead a few times and EP too.

Anyone keeps a scoring card the last few years per server / platform / campaign?

DC won sotha last campaign, but SOTHA is BALANCED. Extremely balanced. No big difference between points.
    And Reds dominated sotha a couple of months before btw.
    Looks like some AD players are coming from vivec too. It helps balancing the war.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    Most simple answer is AD and DC is too focused on 1v1 or small group battles. I mean there are a handful on each faction that just wander the map looking for fights that fight tactically, and can't be bothered with campaign strategy. I can't speak to this on EP, but my experiences with EP is they tend to focus the objectives, and not obsessively chasing down farmers, 1vXers, and the like. Yeah you can make AP killing players, but it will not pace with the AP earned by an entire raid taking resources and keeps. It's that *** simple. If you wanna win you gotta play the game's strategy not fill your false sense of Gud with 1vXing pugs.
    EP has had the most active AP farmers on PC/NA for years. If all the EP small to large groups that only focus on farms and scroll trolling focused on the map, you wouldn't need to ruin the game with Ahtu and Crow to win campaigns.
    Edited by zyk on February 25, 2019 12:21PM
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    ONLY FACTION LOCKS CAN SAVE US
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    EP has had the most active AP farmers on PC/NA for years. If all the EP small to large groups that only focus on farms and scroll trolling focused on the map, you wouldn't need to ruin the game with Ahtu and Crow to win campaigns.

But map play is boring.