The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Transmute Crystal Drops for Pledges

DearLady
DearLady
✭✭
I'm just curious... I noticed I get a different amount of crystals - seemingly - random when I do my pledges. For instance, I JUST did HM Vet for 3 pledges I had (one old, then picked up two new) and I got 2, 3, and 4 transmute crystals. Why the difference? I'm used to it being 2 per dungeon at the most... Is this random? Or caused by something?

We did have a few no deaths and speed runs so I was curious if those achieves (even if you've gotten them) affect the transmute crystal numbers you get doing the pledges? Or is this just something totally random?

I tried googling but too much old info and nothing answers this.
Edited by DearLady on February 22, 2019 9:21AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purple geodes can give up to 25, it is random. Most I have ever got was 7.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purple ones you get for doing the hard mode can drop 1-10 crystals - see the description for them in-game, they will tell you how much you might get. Usually you only get two out of them but sometimes you are lucky and get more :wink:
    Its rng how many you get.

@Lightspeedflashb14_ESO , 25 for the purple ones? Are you sure? Cant check right now cause i am working but i am pretty sure 25 are only inside gold ones.
    Edited by sudaki_eso on February 22, 2019 10:06AM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    The purple ones you get for doing the hard mode can drop 1-10 crystals - see the description for them in-game, they will tell you how much you might get. Usually you only get two out of them but sometimes you are lucky and get more :wink:

@Lightspeedflashb14_ESO , 25 for the purple ones? Are you sure? Cant check right now cause i am working but i am pretty sure 25 are only inside gold ones.

No. I am not sure. Just going on what I have heard. I have never had a good geode so no idea what those hold.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have tons of geodes of all color in my inventory, i will report back once i am back home.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Purple geodes from HM pledges are 2-10 crystals, but like the gold 4-25 geodes from Rewards of the Worthy, heavily biased towards the low end of their range. They used to be 1-10, but that was changed at some point given that 1 crystal is guaranteed for a normal pledge.
  • DearLady
    DearLady
    ✭✭
    Oh wow, ok. I thought I had heard that but I do HM Vet ALL the time and literally I've only ever gotten 2. First time I've gotten more. The drop rates are horrible I guess. :neutral: lol Thank you for the responses.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »

Whatever the cap is it is heavily weighted to drop on the lower side of the range. That in my opinion is a poor choice on Zos's part.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the tooltip is correct this is what you can get:

green geodes: 1
    blue geodes: 1-3
    purple geodes: 1-10
    gold geodes: 4-25

i am pretty sure that there are also gold ones out there that can give you up to 50.
    Edited by sudaki_eso on February 23, 2019 11:05AM
    PS4 EU - StamDK