The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two Issues in Under 50 BGs

Iskiab
Iskiab
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Two issues I’ve noticed in under 50 BGs. Premades and CPs.

1. Premades - I’m all for premades in pvp, in everything but under 50 battlegrounds. Picking on newer players as an experienced group on alts is just wrong, please stop. You can just as easily queue solo and maybe get a match against each other which is a lot of fun. Group queueing as experienced players in a new player tier battleground does nothing but discourage them from continuing to pvp. What - always - kills pvp is lack of challenge or opponents, you’re taking a short term benefit over a long term benefit.

2. CPs - I’m leveling an alt who’s mid 30s now and feel like I’m performing better than I usually do at 50. I naturally assumed it was just because my opponents are new players, but I have a hunch I might be getting the benefit of my CPs in battlegrounds. Can anyone confirm if your experience is the same? If so this is a major bug that needs to be hotfixed.
Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
Havoc Warhammer - Alair
LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm new to BGs. It surprised very much that were wasn't two different BGs. One for premades and one for solo queue. I mean you always hear people say they are in it for a good fight....allegedly ... A premade isn't going to get a 'good fight' vs solos.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a newbie so I guess I could through some input in. Eso has something seriously cool going for them in PvP. The way builds work you don't know what to expect when you see the next player vs other games. It further distances itself from scripted combat.

To the point of the op though, I have been in a handful of bgs so far and the premades absolutely wreck. It isn't fun as a solo noob to fight against them. However, you can't disallow people grouping up in an mmo. Maybe eso needs to do a better job matchmaking and pairing premade vs premade a little bit better.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To the point of the op though, I have been in a handful of bgs so far and the premades absolutely wreck. It isn't fun as a solo noob to fight against them. However, you can't disallow people grouping up in an mmo. Maybe eso needs to do a better job matchmaking and pairing premade vs premade a little bit better.

Yes, I agree. Couples sometimes play together, friends too. However, if someone has been playing for a while and gets together 4 people just to dominate in under 50 (usually because they suck and can’t do well at 50) it would force ESO to do something. The alternative would be turning customers away from the game and hurting their bottom line.

The under 50 premade part can be summed up as, ‘Don’t be an *** and grow up’.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

2. CPs - I’m leveling an alt who’s mid 30s now and feel like I’m performing better than I usually do at 50. I naturally assumed it was just because my opponents are new players, but I have a hunch I might be getting the benefit of my CPs in battlegrounds. Can anyone confirm if your experience is the same? If so this is a major bug that needs to be hotfixed.

Battle-scaling, not CP. Under level 50, your stats are inflated to make up for the fact that you lack skill points. You’ll notice that your stats will decrease once you hit level 50. It’s one of the reasons why WWs in particular are devastating in under 50 BGs,
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve leveled a hand full of alts in the under 50 BGs. I was honestly surprised to run into so many full group premades.

4 werewolves with pets in one group? Strange coincidence...

It happened often enough that it made me gold out my weapons, gold out all enchants, then go on a killing spree doing 20-30 kills per match. I upgraded my gear every two levels this way. *** your premades.

Sorry to the noobs that died in the process. Collateral damage.

>.>

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I’ve leveled a hand full of alts in the under 50 BGs. I was honestly surprised to run into so many full group premades.

4 werewolves with pets in one group? Strange coincidence...

They do it because they’re terrible at PVP and can’t get kills any other way. Sad, but true. If any of these individuals actually took the time to play people of higher skill, rather than picking on new players, they might actually (gasp!) become better players. But hey, people who are bad at this game generally take the path of least resistance whenever they can, so...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually target a group if I think they’re a premade, can be hard to tell though. I’m way too cheap to gold out my gear but do try to even up the odds if I see an imbalance.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One way to tell is that premade group's almost never separate. You'll have an extremely hard time trying to pick one out of the group to kill, which is what I try to do a lot. I usually manage to catch one straying a little too far and try to kill them quickly. When the rest of the team drops what they're doing to save their teammate, I know they're premade. Like a flock of birds, they all turn at once. They wouldn't ALL go out of their way like that unless they were organized.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was leveling my third PC character, I was recruited into a sub-50 only BG guild. They legit always ran premade groups.

I tried so hard to convince them to play 50+ BGs, but most of them weren't interested in "grinding for CP". I explained to them that 160 is all you need, and it doesn't take long at all.

I now solo queue into 50+ BGs, and do great almost every match. Have been for over a year. I've even made a friend or 2, though we don't queue together. We laugh when the game auto-matches us though!