Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

how do I restart the game from the beginning. No new game option.

nibor53ub17_ESO
nibor53ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
how do I restart the game from the beginning. No new game option.

Best Answers

• Hypersillyman
    Hypersillyman
    ✭✭✭
    Make a new character or delete your current character and re-create it. This isn't a single player game, that's why there is no "new game" option. You start the game "new" when you make a new character.
    LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
    Answer ✓
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    create a new character
    Answer ✓
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starting a new character is the only way. An mmo is a persistent world. You can't take your character backwards.
  • nibor53ub17_ESO
    nibor53ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    thank you so much!!!
  • emotionalplague
    Im not sure if you are serious or not but what the hell. This is not played the same as the other Elder Scrolls games. To "restart" you need to create a new character. From there you can choose to make the same character but you will need to delete the old character first if you choose to use the same name. If you have any items from the Settler's pack pre-order bonus or Imperial Edition items, you will need to transfer those items into the bank before you delete the character if you wish to keep those items, otherwise they will be lost forever. Once you create the new character you can go to the bank and get those items back as the bank is linked to your account and not the character themselves. I hope this helps...
    Edited by emotionalplague on April 9, 2014 3:25AM