Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Craft bag for non eso+

zvavi
zvavi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So. I had eso+. I run out of it. I had mats in my inventory for crafting. It still pulled mats from the craft bag. Is there a way to stop it, or am I being punished for paying zos in the past?
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once your sub runs out, if you have any crafting materials in your inventory then those will get used up first, over the ones in your craft bag. Maybe you could circumvent this by shoving the ones from your inventory in your bank (IDK never tried this before)?
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ?

when you run out of eso+ the mats that went into your craft bag after getting it will stay in there until you pull them out, so basically all mats in craft bag after it ends will still be in there freeing up inventory space, but you can no longer stow any more mats into the craft bag

dont see how your being punished unless im reading it wrong
    at a place nobody knows
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is. It used the materials in the craft bag, before it used the materials in my inventory. Therefore the question. So ye. Got zo$ed
    Edited by zvavi on February 21, 2019 8:26AM
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that this is a mechanic that makes it hard to stop subbing to ESO+

The best solution is to get your own guild bank. This is relatively easy to do on consoles, but on PC's you have the advantage of add-ons like bank manager and rooomba that help to manage your bank space. Put your mats into the guild bank and live off of your craft bag until you run out or resubscribe.

I sub a couple of months a year, but usually play a few times a week gathering everything, with hirelings on 15 characters who do daily crafting writs whenever I log in - so I have 10,000+ of most mats. In between subbing I just gather new stacks and restock the craft bag when I get the chance. It is not ideal but it is preferable to maintaining a subscription when I'm into other games.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Thing is. It used the materials in the craft bag, before it used the materials in my inventory. Therefore the question. So ye. Got zo$ed

Yes, that is intended. Why should you have the benefits of a paid upgrade without paying for it? Be thankful they let you keep the items in there after the sub runs out, rather than just dumping all of them in your inventory.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • voldran
    voldran
    ✭✭
    I think if you could sub for only the bag and pay a proportion of the price that would help. Some people do not want extra XP and the other benefits.
    Sotha PC EU
    Dravron Stormwing - MagSorc || Voldros Nightwing - MagBlade || Zorvo Morningstar - MagPlar || Dracos Nightwing - Mag/Stam DK
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

um...no.

You rented space with ESO+ and got the craft bag.

You no longer have ESO+, so you no longer have the craft bag.

Materials will be pulled from the craft bag before your inventory until the craft bag you no longer have access to is empty. What exactly is the problem?

Technically once people no longer have ESO+ ZOS could make the craft bag and the double bank space with everything in it go *poof* the instant the sub for ESO+ expires. They do not. The craft bag and double bank space you get with eso+ remains, until you empty the "overflow" and access to the double bank space goes away. You lose nothing.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different post, same topic as the other one.

Its intended.

Same principle as not being able to use your double bank space until you are back below the original amount.

Same principle as not being able to add furnishings to your house until below the original amount.

You don't get to use the new mats piling up in your inventory until you've worked through what you stored in the Craft Bag.

As I said on the other thread, I actually prefer crafting mats pulled from the Bag first. During ESO+ Trials, I stock up on months' worth of mats, because its much simpler to have writ crafting pull straight fron the bag than from inventory or the bank.