Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

CE maps for veteran level characters

Seraseth
Seraseth
✭✭✭✭
I know the CE maps are based on zone level. It's been confirmed by a few people. But I haven't found a level 50+ to answer:

Are the maps for the other factions the level of that faction (like lvl 5 for stros m'kai) or are they level 50 when you're a veteran player doing a second faction as veteran content?

I would think they'd be level 50, since all the mobs/quests/etc are. But I wanted an answer from someone who has actually opened one as a lvl 50 in veteran content to be sure before I decide to use the maps on alts, or keep them for my main.

Best Answer

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The CE maps are based on zone level (not veteran)
    Our guild leader who is now a veteran did the first island again (other faction) and the CE treasure map gave L6 items, even tho every mob and everything else was L50
    Answer ✓
  • explicitdeedsb14_ESO
    I am wondering this myself, bump.
  • Raapnaap
    Raapnaap
    ✭✭
    I'd like to know this as well. :)
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there really no veteran characters out there who have opened a different factions CE map as a veteran?
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Natjur

Thank you! It's good to have an answer. Though of course this means for people who don't play alts, 2/3 of the maps they got are pretty much useless :p

But my alts now have permission to go dig in the dirt!