Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Material Question

DeathStalker_X
DeathStalker_X
✭✭✭
This may seem "stupid/n00b", but once you progress past a specific material skill - ex, reaching lvl50 Master Blacksmith with full improvement (Rubedite), do you need any of the "lesser" materials anymore? Will I EVER need Steel or Iron again?

Thanks!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not unless you want to craft for a low level alt or a friend.

I keep some on hand for when I level my alts and want to make a new set of gear for Battlegrounds or tanking for them.
  • DeathStalker_X
    DeathStalker_X
    ✭✭✭
    ok, that's what I was hoping. Personally I don't use alts, just my one character. It'l help me save on some bank space.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is one instance where they can still be used and rewarding.

Before I had all Craft Level 50 alt-crafters I was able to run just L1 writs on all during the Jubilee festival for the Motifs inside the Jubilee Boxes.

Also if you can't keep up with Silk and Rubedo and Rubedite and Ash for Max Tier Writs but still want the chance at surveys and the full XP rewards (Char Level Scaled) you can revert to L1 writs and still get all of that. You'll miss out on Master Writs and some Temper rewards but you'll get the rest until you can afford more max tier stock.