The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant crashing in Cyrodiil

rebelcoder
I made it to level 10 without too many crashes. Just as in Beta, the moment I went out to Cyrodiil and start getting into battles the client crashes. This is happening on two different iMac 27s specs below.

Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

I sent an email to support about this. They told me to uninstall quicktime, that makes no sense.

Is there an actual fix for this?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try setting you Texture Quality to Medium in graphics setting which should help reduce the demand on memory.

There is a new thread I posted for this issue and if you get other crashes please post any crash reports there and details. Thanks.

MEMORY CRASH - POST YOUR CRASH REPORTS HERE
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    The crashes are HARD CRASHES with zero logs. it is not about medium settings either because even at ultra low everything one still crashes here and there
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monsoon wrote: »
    The crashes are HARD CRASHES with zero logs. it is not about medium settings either because even at ultra low everything one still crashes here and there

Have a look in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

See if there any eso .crash logs. Attach them to a post To this thread for crash reports (can attach files) Please don't copy/ paste them unless using Spoiler tags as they are really long) or via Pastebin.

The memory crashes will mostly generate crash reports now so it may be another issue. Without more details it's hard to say.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 1, 2014 11:08AM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    rebelcoder wrote: »
    I made it to level 10 without too many crashes. Just as in Beta, the moment I went out to Cyrodiil and start getting into battles the client crashes. This is happening on two different iMac 27s specs below.

I sent an email to support about this. They told me to uninstall quicktime, that makes no sense.

That suggestion on Quicktime is a really old issue and nothing to do with this.

There is a fix in currently which reduces frequency of crashes, at least outside PvP. But it probably needs adjusting and why it's important to post crash reports (either ZOS or Apple ones) If no report, please post what settings you have and time between crashes. Is it in Cyrodiil generally or in battles?

In questing now I can go hours without crashing, if at all with Ultra-High and a few settings down (most cosmetic) I have a similar iMac.
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's really annoying, looking at all of the crashes I have - they're all bad allocation crashes.
    I love Lua
    Mac: Pawkette< Templar, DC >
    PS4: Pawkette< Templar, AD >
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pawkette wrote: »
    Yeah it's really annoying, looking at all of the crashes I have - they're all bad allocation crashes.
    If you can post crash reports to the thread linked above then they will get to team faster and help try to improve the situation. Thanks.
  • rebelcoder
    Moonraker wrote: »

That suggestion on Quicktime is a really old issue and nothing to do with this.

There is a fix in currently which reduces frequency of crashes, at least outside PvP. But it probably needs adjusting and why it's important to post crash reports (either ZOS or Apple ones) If no report, please post what settings you have and time between crashes. Is it in Cyrodiil generally or in battles?

In questing now I can go hours without crashing, if at all with Ultra-High and a few settings down (most cosmetic) I have a similar iMac.

I haven't really had any issues in PVE other then the known list of bugs. In Cyrodiil it's non stop crashing. Even just standing around without anyone around.

I put the game in crap mode, low everything. Same issue. Last few crashes haven't given me the crash report window either.
  • Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    If you can post crash reports to the thread linked above then they will get to team faster and help try to improve the situation. Thanks.

Yeah so, typically MMO companies have crash report tools. They normally include the callstack, some information about what you were doing, and a mini dump. I highly doubt they need me posting them in a thread, they probably have a massive list constantly updating.
    I love Lua
    Mac: Pawkette< Templar, DC >
    PS4: Pawkette< Templar, AD >
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah so, typically MMO companies have crash report tools. They normally include the callstack, some information about what you were doing, and a mini dump. I highly doubt they need me posting them in a thread, they probably have a massive list constantly updating.
    They do indeed. The difference here is we can gather and send them directly the the Mac development team as we did during previous beta testing weekends. Also it's useful for me and others who are testing the Mac client who don't have access to their resources.

The other point is that, from your last post, you had some Apple crash reports (eso_2014-03-01-142343_xxxusernamexxx.crash) that don't go to ZOS when a ZOZCrashReporter doesn't generate a crash report, which it doesn't consistently.
    For example, from comment above:
    These are also useful.

Together with description from players can also help provide more context to the issue.

The Game Consultant does work, at least sometimes but currently does not report all the information it should.

I took sometime to set out the current situation and ask for this data. It is not a replacement for the built in data collection systems but it does still help towards resolving the issue.

So any information you can provide does help.

Edited by Moonraker on April 2, 2014 5:09PM
  • rebelcoder
    I've been submitting reports whenever they are available. Would love to hear a timeline for when this will be fixed.
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I only crash in cyrodiil when I'm in a big group (10+)
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been submitting reports whenever they are available. Would love to hear a timeline for when this will be fixed.
    @rebelcoder Thanks for submitting the crash reports. It's useful also if you can copy/paste them to this thread here also together with a bit more detailed feedback when it happens. It all helps get it sorted.

It's a fairly complex issue especially with all the other considerations in Cyrodiil AvA. It's currently being worked on now that pretty much all other bigger Mac specific issues have been resolved.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only crash in cyrodiil when I'm in a big group (10+)
    Thanks for the feedback. One of the associated issues in AvA if some lags and stuck at screen when in large groups which is server side. There's a lot going on in Cyrodiil in big battles. But the Mac memory issue is known and is being worked on to at least address that problem.

• Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    "But the Mac memory issue is known and is being worked on to at least address that problem."

Source on that comment please
  • Nordak
    Nordak
    ✭✭
    Same issue on windows 7.
  • ldwulfub17_ESO
    Constant crashes in Cyrodil on the Mac platform (two different accounts and macs here)... Also getting stuck in transit on the load screen for the next location and having to force quit...
  • rjvenech
    rjvenech
    Constant crashes in Cyrodil on the Mac platform (two different accounts and macs here)... Also getting stuck in transit on the load screen for the next location and having to force quit...

Yeah, I just get stuck in the loading screen and have to quit the game and relog :(
    But, I am trying to join a super full campaign, so I'm thinking maybe their queue system is just getting slammed and not letting some people through. Good luck to us all lol.