Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PVP Noob Question..

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
I'm not great at PVP so I'm looking for an EASY Mode build that won't die every 5 seconds.
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pirate Skeleton, Phoenix and that eternal yokeda set B)
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    maybe reactive xD
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most builds that don't die involve some kind of heavy armor in the impenetrable trait ... which could be dropped or crafted.

So, choose a heavy 5-piece set to build your character around.

There are a lot of options depending on your playstyle.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pvp really doesn’t have an easy mode, but to survive and learn I would recommend fortified brass crafted set from clockwork city.
    Team this with a good attack set and you should be able too survive and learn.
    If you craft immovable potions are a good item to have also, easy to buy on traders also
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    Most builds that don't die involve some kind of heavy armor in the impenetrable trait ... which could be dropped or crafted.

Are there alternatives to not using a lot of heavy gear to be more of a glass cannon stamina build? If so, is the higher damage from medium armor high enough to be equal to a heavy set? For example, if player 1 and player 2 has the exact same skill build but 1 is wearing a high damage medium armor build while player 2 is wearing a heavy armor build.. who would win?
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    What Classes are the best in PVP?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashanne wrote: »
    Pirate Skeleton, Phoenix and that eternal yokeda set B)

Doesn't work the way you want it to. Eternal Yok and Phoenix proc at the same time, so you still only save one "death."

...which is probably for the best, but that was going to be my build when I hit grand overlord. NO ACHIEVEMENTS.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling is a good place to start. Learn what works and what doesn't for you. There are lots of play styles, and no "one size fits all" build or class.
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭

Pvp really doesn’t have an easy mode, but to survive and learn I would recommend fortified brass crafted set from clockwork city.
    Team this with a good attack set and you should be able too survive and learn.
    If you craft immovable potions are a good item to have also, easy to buy on traders also

What these guys said.

Also, run with a group. Soloing in Cyrodiil or the Imperial City is hard. It's a lot easier to learn the ropes surfing with a zerg than it is being a lone target.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Are there alternatives to not using a lot of heavy gear to be more of a glass cannon stamina build? If so, is the higher damage from medium armor high enough to be equal to a heavy set? For example, if player 1 and player 2 has the exact same skill build but 1 is wearing a high damage medium armor build while player 2 is wearing a heavy armor build.. who would win?

There are too many factors involved to answer your question, such as class, build, and does the other player see you coming. It is possible to go all or mostly medium, though with regards to your health I wouldn't go glass cannon unless you're a stealth sniper. Point being, you'll need to rely on other means of survial. The chief among them is awareness, which is not a strong skill set of those new to PvP. Remember, you are fighting other players, and they will make adjustments to counter your counters.
    One_ofMany wrote: »

The class you are most comfortable playing. In terms of survival, DK's have their wings, NB has cloak, Templar has strong heals, and so on. The strong players out there, however, are strong because of experience, and the time spent working out their build.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Fortified brass and impregnable, all impenetrable? Maybe start with a defensive monster set you have, then update to a damage proc as you feel more comfortable, and run in groups so now you survive but you will need help to kill someone.
  • Dragneel1207
    Dragneel1207
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not great at PVP so I'm looking for an EASY Mode build that won't die every 5 seconds.

u can go heavy armors with impenetrable trait for survivability and dont go for 1vsX without knowing what u r build does.
    I do pvp with stam DK
    i can recommend 7th legion set (it has weapon damage + heals + pros when taken damage) and as mentioned above u can go for fortified brass.
    If u r running medium armor learn to roll dodge (learn roll dodge + vigour animation cancelling) and use vigour before engaging into the fight this will heal for the damage caused and increase u r survival.

To do good in PVP the best way is to duel ppl(1-on-1)and correcting from there. U need to learn combos that go into u r specific build.
    Overall its not an easy process and has sharp learning curve and once u learn it things become easier.
  • Dragneel1207
    Dragneel1207
    ✭✭✭✭

Templar class has some good self healing abilities and starting with that can help u learn pvp.
    Search youtube for best in slot builds and learn the combos u can totally survive more than 5 sec
  • Dragneel1207
    Dragneel1207
    ✭✭✭✭
    If u want to duel sometime I can totally help u with the dueling. I am in PC EU
    id: @Dragneel1207
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can use Blood Spawn instead of Pirate Skeleton.

1. Pirate Skeleton + Reactive armor + Hist sap.

2. Pirate Skeleton + Fortified brass + Armor master - use Immovable from heavy armor skill line.

3. Troll king + Bee Keeper + Orgnum Scales

Note: these are highly resistant builds but will have much harder time to kill someone.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamden bonepirate+shackle or spriggans+ bloodspawn