The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Creating a stamblade

TheWalkinDread
I dont have a stamblade on my list of characters and Im considering creating one and just upgrading the mount and levelling during the next event. Id like it to be viable in both PvE and PvP, any suggestions which race to go for? I was considering khahiit but heard sustain can be an issue. I dont play as often as I used to and havent really kept up to date with any changes

Best Answer

• KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, sustain on khajiit isn't that bad, you just need to learn to sustain. And don't forget that you are playing a NB, godfather of sustain. But if you are new to stamina I would recommend redguard. If you want to run high end content, you should pick orcs after wrathstone is released. And never forget that set called "Vicious Ophidian" exists. But orc and redguard doesn't mean khajiit is bad.
    Answer ✓
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I main a Khajiit stamblade and yeah, sustain isn't the greatest. To compensate, I switch to The Serpent mundus when doing PvE. We are getting a slight buff to sustain when they change the racial passives next update, but bosmer and redguard are still going to have better sustain.

Honestly though, the difference in DPS is fairly minimal after the new racial balancing, so you can go with whichever race you prefer cosmetically. Unless you plan on being a super duper min/maxer, the differences are negligible for the average person.
    Edited by oXI_Viper_IXo on February 13, 2019 4:01PM
  • TheWalkinDread
    Thanks for the input....I went with Khajiit in the end :)