Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who would win in pvp

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    I would vote for magsorc here. Generally a good kiting magsorc has the advantage against the magplar, since the magplars real pressure and strength is only in melee range, meanwhile in ranged fights his damage gets neglible.
    Magdk versus magsorc is a tough one and probably will be decided by the specific skills the two classes use. The normal shieldstacker sorc against a dk without wings is a similar matchup as described between magplar versus magsorc. Surely the dk gets the advantage when using wings. But if the sorc starts using pets, the odds are most likely with the sorc.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Magplars, pruging is very strong atm in PVP

maybe he cant kill you, but can you kill him?

only when you survive the war, you are a winner :sunglasses:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Imagine dying to a magdk as a magplar. You must be WAAAAAAAY worse than him.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc

Probably. But I'm trying to imagine dying to a magplar without it being in group spamming RD or soul assault. If they are strong enough to hit hard , they're usually soft enough to pressure.
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag wins. Lag always wins.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Probably. But I'm trying to imagine dying to a magplar without it being in group spamming RD or soul assault. If they are strong enough to hit hard , they're usually soft enough to pressure.

Lol, what? Have you fought a magplar lately?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Galarthor wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

Lol, what? Have you fought a magplar lately?

I've fought everything lately. I just cant say that I have seen a lone magplar ever. When I see them, they usually are with at least 1 or 2 other guys minimum and I have not had too much trouble other than bringing them down takes a while. Most of the time, I see them in groups trying to RD targets while others beat on them and when I see that, I am licking my chops hoping I can get to them if I can shrug off their counterparts.

I realize they are in a good spot; but I just have not ran into ONE where I got wrecked and am like "Wow! That guys just awesome!" I have seen that with pretty much every other class. Maybe it is just me having played magplar from launch on PC until maybe a year ago when I started going stamplar full time and just knowing whats coming, but I still dont see them alone enough to be able to tell you.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Dk
    Hate their faces.
    I'll fight and die.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    me
    at a place nobody knows
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Edited by ku5h on February 15, 2019 11:39AM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Tfw Magplar isn't the highest voted. They're OP AF

Magplar not exactly op, they strong and in a good spot.

Magdk wins vs magplar.... if they fight. Reason being most temps are vamp that fire dmage and cc will wear down temp it purge spamming dots. Unless temp has nice stam pool magdk wins.

Magplar vs magsorc.... that's a tough one. Magplar has bubble but sorcs hAve pets if it's a pet sorc I might give that to sorc regular flame reach frag thrower I think temp wins that with well timed bubbles.

Magsorc vs magdk.... again pet sorc I think wins but ranged flame reach frag thrower gets rekt by wing and ccs.

Pet Magsorc is the strongest dueling spec. There is a reason why they are banned from all official dueling tournaments
    Edited by Datthaw on February 15, 2019 12:08PM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's 1v1 and no LOS behind like trees and rocks then a pet sorc will win. But that's only in a duel. Normal non pet sorcs lose to both. If DK has wings he should not get hit with a frag meaning that mages wrath should never proc leaving only really pulse if they use that and curse to do damage. And a DK can out heal that. MagPlar vs MagDK is not lopsided like many claim. Roots and snares hurt magPlars and cheap dots do aswell. A magPlar will be purging alot against the DK and they can just reapply the dots cheaply and keep them perma rooted. It's a much closer duel that I'd honestly give to the magPlar but not strongly this can go either way, however if it's the typical magPlar vampire the magDK rekts. MagPlar vs MagSorc the magSorc can kite that magPlar out. But if the magPlar is using master touch they have some recourse. Or if they are gap closing. I'd give it to the magSorc but still not hands down.

Out of the three at their fullest cheese magSorc should win. Then magDK then magPlar. With duel rules, so no pets or wings magDK maybe magPlar possibly MagSorc in that order lol
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends of who is wearing/using what.
  • twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭
    SO nerf magsorcs more, ok ZOS? They are not weak enough. Get rid of a single successful combo deleting Implosion, good job there! Clap Clap Clap
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    twofaced wrote: »
    SO nerf magsorcs more, ok ZOS? They are not weak enough. Get rid of a single successful combo deleting Implosion, good job there! Clap Clap Clap

Duh. Implosion is nearly useless for mag sorcs in PvP. Fury already does the job. Implosion was mostly useful on stamsorcs. But someone as ignorant as you won't know that.
  • twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭

Duh. Implosion is nearly useless for mag sorcs in PvP. Fury already does the job. Implosion was mostly useful on stamsorcs. But someone as ignorant as you won't know that.

Obviously you'are playing magsorc like any other class. Fire staff and spam destro. Lol. How do you say here? L2P :D
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Obviously you'are playing magsorc like any other class. Fire staff and spam destro. Lol. How do you say here? L2P :D

So you're killing players with LL or Boundless Storm? 15% health threshold is usually what? 4k health or less. Most hits would finish one of anyway. I use Endless Fury like it's supposed to be used - as an executioner. I
  • twofaced
    twofaced
    ✭✭✭

So you're killing players with LL or Boundless Storm? 15% health threshold is usually what? 4k health or less. Most hits would finish one of anyway. I use Endless Fury like it's supposed to be used - as an executioner. I

Personally I like killing people with my staff. Lightning ofc, and implosion is a core ability here. Most hits don't even hit in current meta, dude q in BG and try to find an enemy without wings.

Ofc I exaggerate, but there are people that don't play meta, man. No LA and only AOE abilities is an interesting choice in slow meta.
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Datthaw wrote: »

Magdk wins vs magplar.... if they fight. Reason being most temps are vamp that fire dmage and cc will wear down temp it purge spamming dots. Unless temp has nice stam pool magdk wins.

Magplar vs magsorc.... that's a tough one. Magplar has bubble but sorcs hAve pets if it's a pet sorc I might give that to sorc regular flame reach frag thrower I think temp wins that with well timed bubbles.

Magsorc vs magdk.... again pet sorc I think wins but ranged flame reach frag thrower gets rekt by wing and ccs.

Pet Magsorc is the strongest dueling spec. There is a reason why they are banned from all official dueling tournaments

Curious why they are banned. Those are class skills. Same with DKs not being able to use wings in duels. Silly.

• Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    Illuvatarr wrote: »
    Datthaw wrote: »

Curious why they are banned. Those are class skills. Same with DKs not being able to use wings in duels. Silly.

Also mag sorc in cp should always win against a mag DK. Stam DK a different story. Stam anything really. For mag DK, You need Atro/heavy overload, curse, pulse and Daedric tomb. Frags not needed.

Edited by Illuvatarr on February 19, 2019 3:14PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag Dk
    Lots of variables that could decide the outcome but in noCP but magdk wins the cancer cake in most scenarios:

Want to fight him at range? Nah, wings bruh.

Want to fight him in melee? Nah, Fossilize, Embers, Power Lash, roots, and leaps bruh.

Want to just run away? Nah, gap closer spam, free snares, and Fossilize bruh.

The problem with magdk 1v1 balance is that they rarely get knocked to their back foot - they have the best offensive healing by a country mile, total range negation, and a CC that you just have to bend over and take.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc

It’s because the game isn’t balanced around 1v1s, and so for healthy competitive gameplay there have to be rulesets. Sorc pets are far too strong 1v1 due to the fact that they provide line of sight. Regarding wings, among relatively equally skilled players, a ranged class like sorc or magblade will never kill a flapping DK. Even a class like Magplar is crippled by wings because they lose DoT pressure which is key to the class.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect conditions...maybe magsorc.

But since a fight is never perfectly matched since no two players are perfectly matched. It's any ones game.

When I duel magDK as magplar I normally feel the high sustained pressure, but I can deff win against it. Magsorc is a bit more difficult normally for me, with pets my sweeps never hit for full damage on pet sorcs, but if not a pet sorc the biggest battle is pushing through the kite.
    I've learned that swapping purifying light for toppling charge for magsorc is most of the time better than trying to use purifying light. Keeping eclipse up before I charge ofc
  • Illuvatarr
    Illuvatarr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar
    CyrusArya wrote: »

It’s because the game isn’t balanced around 1v1s, and so for healthy competitive gameplay there have to be rulesets. Sorc pets are far too strong 1v1 due to the fact that they provide line of sight. Regarding wings, among relatively equally skilled players, a ranged class like sorc or magblade will never kill a flapping DK. Even a class like Magplar is crippled by wings because they lose DoT pressure which is key to the class.

In an actual duel setting aren’t you going to have line of sight anyways though? I mean Los tactics have exclusively been a Cyrodiil thing I would think. Respectfully, in a duel setting, heavy overload/pets/blockade/curse/entropy/life siphon/Daedric tomb (the skills at a minimum I would have on my bar since i could choose for the duel)will roast a DK....especially if you use Cyrodiils Light set.

And edit. I misunderstood what you said. You are saying pets provide Los or pet sorc can abuse los with the pets out?

Edited by Illuvatarr on February 19, 2019 1:17PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templars and Sorcs are the classes my MagDk has killed the most. Maybe they were all Stamplars and Stamsorcs...maybe they were all trash. Lol
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    I'm curious as to why NB and Warden aren't on here. Maybe OP is looking for a new class?

My vote goes to MagSorc they've been king for a long time and the shield "nerf" isn't a nerf since shields go off resistances now.

But the true OP specs are StamBlade, StamDen, and the Necromancer I haven't built yet. ;)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren