Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Just hit level 13...what now?

Maestro_Sartori
Maestro_Sartori
✭✭✭
Hello

Just wanted some input on some of you that are leveling pretty fast, alot of the quests I'm finding are higher then my level now. What did you mainly do to gain some levels in between quests? Is there some good grinding areas that are around my level?

Thanks
  • OZGODUSA
    OZGODUSA
    Telling us what faction you are might help us answer.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    What faction. But I'm certain you are missing quests along the way. Did you do the starter islands?
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    I have four characters, two are level eight, two are level nine. I feel like I've hit a wall. I run around exploring and grinding because the quests I'm getting are higher level now. I have mage and fighter guild solo quests I can't finish because I can't kill the final bosses. I've searched through forums to find answers, but none are very helpful. The only helpful thing I do find is that there are enough players for many areas that make it easier to finish most quests, just not the solo ones. All players aren't equal in playing ability, so there should be some help for us less agile.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you are missing quests in earlier zones. There are plenty that you may not run into without exploring a little.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much look at your map. If an icon is black, you haven't completed that area. If there's a big empty spot, you might want to run around that area, see if you find any quests.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am level 13 also, but I do ALL the quests in the starter zones. I still find the quest easy thus far. Did you spread yourself to thin with crafting skills and not putting enough points on combat skills?
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Hello

Sorry should have given a little more info. I'm playing a Wood Elf Nightblade, Auridon faction. I'm pretty sure I got everything on the starter islands but guess I could go back and check for sure. Is there anyway you can tell if you missed anything without running all over the place?

Thanks
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello

Sorry should have given a little more info. I'm playing a Wood Elf Nightblade, Auridon faction. I'm pretty sure I got everything on the starter islands but guess I could go back and check for sure. Is there anyway you can tell if you missed anything without running all over the place?

Thanks

What @Seraseth said.
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    I am level 13 also, but I do ALL the quests in the starter zones. I still find the quest easy thus far. Did you spread yourself to thin with crafting skills and not putting enough points on combat skills?

No I've hardly put any points into crafting just the hireling so far. I don't really feel "spread thin" just trying to get leveled...so hard to keep up with everybody, don't know how they level so fast.

• Honn
    Honn
    ✭✭✭
    Try looking around. If you see any black icons on the map, go to them as Im sure you are likely to encounter a few quests along the way.
    I have heard quite a few people claiming they have run out of quests, but in my experience in the beta's there were easily enough quests to progress. And if some were slightly too high for me, I simply explored and found others at my level.

The Fighters Guild quest (Doshia) is quite simple provided you do enough damage to make him transform in the 1st place. Once transformed, its a simple matter of hitting the boss, avoiding the 3 pronged range attack and killing the orbs before they reach him. As the orbs heal you (and heal Dorsia) you need to concentrate on the orbs as soon as they appear.

The Mages Guild quest (Gutsripper) is again simple. There are 2 major damaging attacks and the /tells are very easy to see. The red circle on the ground is the "tail whip" which can be avoided or blocked. The red trangle on the ground is the "charge" and must be avoided at all costs as it causes a large amount of damage & CC's you. Although once he completes his charge, he is "stunned" and a large attack will cause a knockdown on him. You can also use the platform at the back where the books are to buy some time, forcing him to go around.

The main story quest (Norion) however is a different kettle of fish. He requires quick DPS or lots of CC's or healing. In the beta's he summoned a minion, and even if that minion was still active, he would summon another (I have no idea if that was bugged or if its supposed to be like that, but it can be a challenge if you don't kill the minions asap). You cannot interrupt the minion summoning, but you can interrupt some spells. His instant spells are what will likely kill you. The good news is however, is that you can group up for him, although doing that & he dies so fast and loses its impact if you are absorbed & following the story.
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    The starter zone is NOT the city where you wake up!

You have to take the boat back to the actual starter zones, as the first guy you meet after waking up and then the one after stepping though your very first door tell you.

I ended up somewhere lvl8ish after the story brought me back to the city one wakes up now.

As for why they have made it this complicated, frankly NFI. Was changed after the 1st beta weekend when everybody still awoke on that original starter island. :|
    Edited by Rotherhans on April 6, 2014 10:41PM
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rotherhans wrote: »
    As for why they have made it this complicated, frankly NFI. Was changed after the 1st beta weekend when everybody still awoke on that original starter island. :|

It was far better before, now so many quests don't make any sense and there isn't logical follow through with the story. Like in ebonheart I think 3 different people tell you they saved you...
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yes if you didn't go back to the starter island you would be underleveled. In each faction, there is an NPC close by that discusses giving you a boat ride to a nearby location to meet or help out the folks that saved you from drowning. That's the start island.
  • Maestro_Sartori
    Maestro_Sartori
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that was a bit confusing waking up in a different area after playing some of the beta. And yes I went back to that original island, I might have missed some things there alright. I'll truck around and see whats up...

Thanks for the help!
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    So far, I've been running around to find quests, and got to level 9. But as difficult as this game is, I doubt I'll hang in there much longer when another game is released that I can enjoy.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    I found this on Ebonheart Pact. I didn't miss any quests out apart from one that bugged and couldn't be completed. Then I moved on from Stonefalls and everything is several levels higher than me. Didn't think it was a problem, just increasing the difficulty curve. However, the fact that every quest reward I now get is about 2-3 levels above my level makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong.
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    I explore the whole map, picking up all quests. And yes, they are higher in level. Even grinding can't make enough difference. Actually, if I could finish the solo dungeons, that would help me level, but too many I have to wait a level or two higher to be able to finish off the end boss.
    Edited by estrong20b14_ESO on April 8, 2014 10:26PM
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    I'm level 16 and I'm just finally getting to kraggenmore to the next brother of strife. I've swept the map and am pretty certain I've got every quest but that one quest line done and one trophy head I still need to collect. Oh one dungeon I need to go back and do the mini boss on, and hit the fungal grotto with a group.... but other than those I should be pretty much done with stonefalls and I"m midway through level 16.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and even if you never plan on PVPing do take the time to jump to Cryodiil at level 10 and pick up the 3 or 4 skill points you can get fast and easy there by doing the welcome to Cryodiil and this is how you PVP quests. Also you usually can pick up 3 shards quick and easy without any serious risk of PVP... Well mostly without serious risk.... :pensive: If your alliance is getting over run and hasn't got most of their own forts then you might be at risk of getting killed but frankly I figured it worth the risk to pick up the 3 sky shards closets to transit points. there are more than that on your side out there though some of them are in dungeons.
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    It sounds like you are missing quests in earlier zones. There are plenty that you may not run into without exploring a little.

^^ I have to agree with this. I spent ten hours on Khenarthi's Roost over three days of gameplay. I was leaving - thinking I'd done everything - and found yet another quest-line I'd not even started.

When I tell people how long I was there, they roll their in-game eyes ... but my Khajiit was level 8 when he finally left the island. :)

Edited by MaxBat on April 8, 2014 11:25PM
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand the desire to just plough through the game with the single intention of levelling as fast as you can, but i just like to take it steady, enjoy the game, enjoy the scenery, the exploration, there will always be people who seem to shoot through several levels a day, but there is no race, enjoy all the game has to offer, at your own pace. I sometimes spend the whole session just searching for crafting items and runes, then going back to town to craft some armour and enchant it. Im lvl 14 at the mo, i dont care if i group with someone and they are level 30+, i just plod along and im happy :)