Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I think i suck at ESO

For_The_Queen
All right so ill give you a quick run down of my time in ESO. So my first day i was just running around exploring and enjoying the quests you know all that fun stuff of course i died a few times but i was just like "well im not used to this type of game yet ill get better" well that was about a week or so ago now (i had early access) and im a little better but i still am a really bad player lol i have tried a high elf templar(lv10) / high elf sorcerer(lv14) and a wood elf night blade(lv12) with the night blade being my favourite of the 3 i have actually about 80%'d Auridon with a few exceptions of "Rightful inheritance" (i cant beat that rilis guy when he goes all werewolf mode and the banished cells well don't even talk about those i get destroyed there lol i do know that BC is made for a team of 4 people but even in teams of 4 people i seem to always die then they get pissed at me and i feel like sh*t and get off :/ and im sure that there are more quests in Auridon that i have missed / haven't found yet but i recently got the Achievement for completing 50 quests and i have most of the locations on the map id say but it seems the only other quests i have are impossible (to me as i seem to suck so much lol) and i have no idea where to go to get "Easier" quests if that's even a thing.
So talking about my gaming history a little now i have never really played MMOs in fact this is my first MMO so im really bad with the whole use of abilities and conserving stamina / magika and health lol but i do LOVE TES i have played every one since Morrowind so i felt obligated to get ESO lol i guess what im asking for is some tips and maybe a whole "Do this quest then this one and this one and..." something like that lol or i should only play this game in a team of 24 people haha but yeah that's about it thanks if you made it this far and sorry i don't use grammar :D.
  • HardyHero
    HardyHero
    lol
    I think I play poorly almost all genres of games, but just think ... what matters is the fun! That's what makes an epic game, how much fun in it.
    Be a person of whom the world is not worthy.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are achievements for finishing the quests in a zone. You'll be able to tell what earlier zones you missed quests in with that. Being underleveled seems to be the largest cause of people hitting a wall, followed by not crafting gear to use - if you rely entirely on drops and quest rewards, you will have gear severely lower than your current level.

Also, dodge and block.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Check out the guide in my sig. I hope it helps you. Also, somethings that I am about to add to the guide:

Every class can heal themselves with at least one skill.

Even if your group has a healer you should try to heal yourself.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 8, 2014 9:54PM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level scaling does need a bit of a tweak. :/

Resource management is a huge part of MMOs. Potions have cooldowns, so you always want to have the best possible on your quickbar. You also need to be attentive in the fights... which is a skill I'm finding is tricky to pick up. I've never been good at blocking and dodging in other TES games, but it really is crucial here. Practice on weaker enemies (aka, on one of the starter islands) and you'll start to recognize the tells.

Failing that, it might help to find a friendly PvE guild to help you with the tougher quests. I've teamed up with friends a couple times, and the extra body/DD can really make a hard fight doable.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge, block, spend SP more on passives than actives for the first 10-15 levels, wear a mix of armour (5/2 for example) to maximize the passives, wear decent gear, some skills morphed can regenerate your health. On the NB, use the first siphoning skill at least. Oh and dodge and block
  • mctaylor
    mctaylor
    You may find it useful to have separate characters for solo and PvE/PvP experience. I mean that for solo you can have a well-rounded character that is more like what you may have created while playing previous Elder Scrolls series games.

While for PvE/PvP you might find it best use a character that follows one of the MMO standard archetype of Tank, DPS, or Healer. Even a healer archetype needs to be able to defend themselves, and a Tank or DPS should have some means of healing themselves (potion, food, or spell) in their activity bar or quickslots.

A friendly or casual guild might be a good idea for finding laid-back, and helpful group party members to join with for dungeons or PvP.

And have fun. :p
  • For_The_Queen
    Thanks for all of your suggestions guys i will continue to practice and hopefully i will one day get better at ESO i guess for now ill practice Dodging and guarding on lower Mobs and ill try optimise my skillbars thanks again for all your help guys :)
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With your NB, put more points into Health then Stamina and Magicka early on. It'll help a lot, also just on your gear,make sure it's the best you can wear.

I'm at level 23 with my NB which isn't amazing by any stretch when you see the amount of players that are 40+ but I'm not rushing at all.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS