Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many of you are going to make their Necromancer a Redguard?

xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
✭✭✭
So I've thought about this and many others have brought it up, but in Redguard culture they are vehemently opposed to Necromancy. So opposed that they refused to kill undead - even if they are being attacked - because they see it as disrespect to the person/their ancestors/whom'st've ever.

In the Elsweyr trailer, the Necromancer at the end is a Redguard and some people had an issue with that. However, cults like the Withered Hand exist so that's something.

I'll make my Stamancer a Redguard because:
1) Redguard is the only race I don't have a character for
2) Unless the Racial changes do some weird mega changes, Redguard is the best stamina race
3) SImply for the lolz because a Redguard Necromancer is ultra taboo because of the aforementioned reasons.

What do you think?
New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
My little rant I guess?:
    One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
    Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
    Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
    • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
    • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
    • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
    • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
    • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
    • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
    • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
    • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
    • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
    • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
    • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
    • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
    • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
    • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
    • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
    • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • WuffyCerulei
      WuffyCerulei
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Either cat or lizard because of the skelly ultimate looking a million times cooler on them. And tails.
      For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    • Cardthief
      Cardthief
      ✭✭✭
      So I've thought about this and many others have brought it up, but in Redguard culture they are vehemently opposed to Necromancy. So opposed that they refused to kill undead - even if they are being attacked - because they see it as disrespect to the person/their ancestors/whom'st've ever.

In the Elsweyr trailer, the Necromancer at the end is a Redguard and some people had an issue with that. However, cults like the Withered Hand exist so that's something.

I'll make my Stamancer a Redguard because:
      1) Redguard is the only race I don't have a character for
      2) Unless the Racial changes do some weird mega changes, Redguard is the best stamina race
      3) SImply for the lolz because a Redguard Necromancer is ultra taboo because of the aforementioned reasons.

What do you think?

What people fail to realize is that like in the real world, just because you are a specific race does not mean that you abide by that race's customs/culture. You could have a Redguard that was born and/or raised in High Rock, or a Breton orphaned in Valenwood, its happened before in the series.

Basically what im trying to get at is that just because you are a specific race, doesn't mean that you follow or were even taught their culture, it also doesn't mean that for example ALL Redguards come from Hammerfell, you could have a family of Redguards live in another province for generations, with many of its family members not even seeing/going to Hammerfell once in their lives.

Finally, about the case about say a Redguard that WAS born and raised in Hammerfell, and was taught their customs/culture, that doesn't mean that they would personally abide by them, because they are an individual, and while the circumstances of the environment they grow up in heavily influences their beliefs/behavior, it doesn't mean that they as an individual can't ultimately choose that they would end up doing in the end.

TL;DR Don't judge a character by their race, there are too many variables which influence how an individual acts/becomes, not everyone is a stereotype.
      (MC) Main DPS: Redz Kuinn - Lvl 50 - MagSorc - PvE
      Main Healer: Soranna Anilu - Lvl 50 - Templar - PvE
      Main Tank: Seamus Kuinn - Lvl 50 - Dragonknight - PvE
    • FurySevenSix
      FurySevenSix
      ✭✭✭
      Definitely considering going for an Argonian Nercomancer just because I think an Argonian Bone Colossus would look freaking epic. :smiley:
    • paulychan
      paulychan
      ✭✭✭✭
      Why did homie from the main quest always hide stuff in a crypt tho?
    • ChunkyCat
      ChunkyCat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

....I'll make my Stamancer StamCro a Redguard....

You’re welcome.
    • Ratzkifal
      Ratzkifal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The guy in the trailer is clearly a Breton. It's the Breton hero from the first ESO trailers who got turned undead. What people had an issue with is the promotional picture ZOS uses for the Necromancer, which is a Redguard.

If you like breaking taboos, then consider joining a Namira cult. The only reason why cannibalism is an integral part of their worship is because it is one of the worst taboos to break in the eyes of many. In my headcanon, Namira cultists of Valenwood eat plants and wait for their food to rot/mold/spoil before consumtion to spite Y'ffre and the green pact.
      This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    • Ratzkifal
      Ratzkifal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ChunkyCat wrote: »

....I'll make my Stamancer StamCro a Redguard....

You’re welcome.

@ChunkyCat Don't you mean Stamromancer ;)
      This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    • Vuldovahkriid
      Vuldovahkriid
      ✭✭✭
      Sai Sahan had no issues cutting down undead in the Valley of the Blades. So it's the individuals own decision.
      Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
    • notimetocare
      notimetocare
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nothing wrong with a Redguard Necromancer, as long as they aren't in the Al'Kir. I saw one really, really bad profile posted to ESO-RP about a redguard necromancer character that was sent to the Ashabah to 'learn respect for the dead'. Because somehow this character that an entire tribe would want to kill by tradition is going to get along swimmingly. Somehow...
    • notimetocare
      notimetocare
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sai Sahan had no issues cutting down undead in the Valley of the Blades. So it's the individuals own decision.

Actually, he had major issues with it. He talks about it in the whole scenario. Sai is also very pragmatic given those risen dead were once powerful heroes and that Mannimarco is trying to ascend to God hood with the Amulet of Kings
    • Starlock
      Starlock
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Not being thrilled with the idea of a necromancer character in general makes this a bit challenging for me. That said, there's a good chance I'm going to delete my current redguard character. It's not that I don't like her - she has a pretty strong character concept - but I just haven't played her since getting her leveled. Her story was going to revolve around becoming Ash'abah (pardon if the spelling is wrong) and then being a famed treasure hunter and dungeon delver. I created her as a stamina sorcerer - something I said I was never going to do because the class skills are so darned limiting - and she definitely has style doing it riding around on her storm atronach camel. It could be the character would work better as a necromancer, though. It'll be impossible to know until we have more details about the skill lines.

In any event, the identity of a character does not have to be married to the name the class was given by the developers. I don't really think of any of my characters in terms of their class identities. My "sorcerer" isn't a sorcerer, he's an Aldmeri lightning mage. My "warden" isn't a warden, she's a Bosmeri hunter/archer. My "templar" isn't a templar, he's an Imperial artificer. I've little reason to suppose my "necromancer" will be a necromancer either.